• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My Driver Swing

crcowboyfan

Reaction score
Here is a video of my driver swing. Sorry about the bad quality, it was from my cell phone and then I had to convert it. Can you guys tell me what I am doing wrong with my swing. Thanks.

http://media.putfile.com/driver54

lol.... kids these days go all the way. :)

You don't need to turn this far out. Here your back almost faces the ball.
Shorten your turn so that the back is perpendicular with the target line.

Like Loop says, you're backswing is way huge, try shortening it, it'll keep you better balanced.

I see a club that is too long and too heavy for you. The fact that you are choked up almost 2 inches on the grip proves that.

I also see a pretty severe reverse-pivot. You keep your head fairly still, but your hips are moving way too much laterally. I think you're focusing too much on "keeping the head still" and not enough on making a proper turn. The weight and length of the club really forces you to overswing.

Take a 5-iron, and hit balls with your feet together. Try to feel a good, balanced shoulder-turn and swing through to a controlled finish. Maintain your balance. This will help you feel a proper pivot.

And try to get a driver more suited to you. Or just dump the driver and tee off with a 3-wood.

Eracer gives good advice.
You are turning your shoulders up and down instead of around.
Hold a shaft across both shoulders and turn. The shaft should stay level, not point at the ground. Level your shoulders and the reverse will just about disappear.
I believe, especially at your age, use your flexability. Swing hard, if you don't have control, swing a little easier but try to keep the wide swing arc.

1.) You sway far too much, you are not going to generate any torque in your swing with a hip movment like that. Turn your right foot inwards like Davis Love, this will force the hip to pivot back instead of swaying. This will finish your turn and generate more power.

2.) Shorten the swing, your plane is all over the place and you would need amazing timing in order to make contact with the ball let alone hit it in the sweet spot consistantly.

3.) You don't seem to be releasing the club quite enough, when you swing pretend you want to throw the club 40 yards down the fairway.

4.) Your shoulders should be fairly even throughout the whole swing, with yours they start right, then the front shoulder dips way under the back shoulder. This will cause the angle to be steep and pop golf balls up and never gain consistancy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520