• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My favorite hole

ezra76

Reaction score
OK get yer mind outtta the gutter....

First off my favorite has always been the 158yd. par 3 at the course I learned to play at. It plays downhill over a pond, probably about 140 or so in all actuality. I hit anywhere from an 8iron to a GW depending on the markers, pin placement and wind. I can always count on a 3 here and once in a while a birdie.

The new hole in the running is actually the #1 cap hole at a tougher course I play. It is a slight dogleg left, actually it may be straight but a slight draw is better on this one. At 457 you have to get it out there for a short iron in. I like to play it from the right side of the fairway and hit a 3/4 fade into the green, usually a 6 or 7iron. I've parred it the last 2 times out and it feels good to do so on the #1 at a tough course.

What's your favorite? Also what is your favorite par, mine are par 3's, I can always equalize a 6 with a 3.
icon10.gif

Ahhh, I was hoping so much more out of this thread...

I would have to say my favorite hole I have ever played was a totally blind par 3, because a hill was in the way. Your only guess was seeing the right edge of the green and part of the back, and getting the location it was at that day.

My favourite is also a par 3. Just 137 yards, from high up on a hill with a convex slope, so all you can see is the very top of the flag, and the very back of the green. (If the flag is at the front of the green then you can't see it, so you have to walk forwards to see where it is!). Beyond the green is a very steep short slope down into a hedge.

So hit a 9 iron, or on a day with a following wind, a Wedge. You hit the ball right up into the sky and try to get it to bomb down onto the green. The ball goes out of sight... and then you wait a five seconds or more to see if it rolls off the back. If it lands short of the green on the steep hard slope, then it bounce kicks and its over the back too.

A good shot is in line with the flag. Then you walk down over the brow of the hill to see where the ball lies on the green. (Assuming that you didn't see it go over the back and into the hedge.)

Great fun.

Rod

I accually just found this hole today, a relativly short par 3 at 158, down around 30 feet with water on the front/left and sand on the right. The real problem is the fact that today, the pin was on the left, oh and i forgot they only shot at the green is between a line of trees MAYBE 15-20 feet apart. So i hit my GW with a draw on it, drew it into the hole of trees, then left of them, to 4 feet from the cup. It is a hard hole, my friend who is a 10 handicap, was hitting 9 when he got on the green.

My Favourite hole is a short par four, about 235 out there is part of a pond, so you cant hit driver, i usually hit 3 wood or my trusty halo, after that its a 9 or pw into the green, fun hole mainly becuase its an easy par without a driver.

#13 Augusta National Golf Club. I put one in Rae's Creek the last time I played there. I had a decent lie in the hazard, and prob could have gotten up and down for a 4, but my son woke me up before I could play the shot. :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520