• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

MY FIRST ACE!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After 40 years of golfing and about a dozen close (1 inch or less) misses I finally dropped one in. 155 yard hole downhill with water in front. Hit my new Ping G5 6-iron dead on and really high. Used a Bridgestone E6 ball.

Get my name in the local paper, a small trophy and everyone in the bar bought me a drink. I'm a little "tipsy" right now, LOL.

Oh yeah, also shot my best 9 hole score ever, a 38.

http://www.rivermoorcc.com/golf/pro...tm?PHPSESSID=7f625f78378cfa430e314ae36de983af

:smilie_pi :faintthud

wow man.. Good job. I've only been golfing for 2 years, but last year one of my playing partners drained one on about a 155 yrd hole too. :).

I came really close to putting one in today at the driving range, Id say it was about 1". Only 95yrds away though, SW.

Chris.

Nice! I was playing an away course today. At the 2nd, a 120 yard par 3, I hit an 8 iron. I slapped it and it went away, left. Fortunately there was a slope on the left. It hit the slope and rolled back towards the green. It kept rolling, and finished about 1ft or so away. Holed the putt for birdie...

Great job! It's always exciting.

I had one a couple days ago hit about a foot before the pin, hit it, and bounce to the right. Ended up about 3 inches from the pin, kind of disappointing but a nice bird.

Halleluja! I read that's something like 1 in 32,000 golfers that have done that. I hope you made it on your regular course with some good buds in your group. That way they'll remind you every time you step up on that box.

:smilie_pi Must be the clubs!! congrats

Nice work!

Congratulations. :)

Congratulations Warbird!

WELL DONE !!!! Congratulations !!! We all have a few a close ones but I can only imagine the feeling of one going in. When daydreams come true is it as good as we dream, Warbird?

Nicely done. I thought you said it was a HX-Hot you used? :) I've been getting closer and closer but I have a feeling mine will happen when I least suspect it on a hole that is not a strong one for me.

Congratulations! Nice shot!

I almost had one earlier this week (have never had one) on a temporary green, and I was thinking how disappointing it would be to have my first hole in one on a temporary green.

Actually I was with strangers so no "buddies" to celebrate with. It was weird. I hit a nice clean "crisp" shot straight at the pin, no draw or fade. I knew it was good it felt so nice. Extremely high and went it came (almost straight?) down I saw no bounce or ball on the green. I knew it wasn't short so figured somehow I put it off the back. I walked up and looked all around the back of the green (after 40 years you don't expect an ace) and just for the hell of it looked in the cup and there it was. I think it came straight down and in, like the cup sucked it in. Very weird.

I was trying out the Bridgestone E6 ball. I LIKE that ball. It might not go as far off the driver as the HX Hot but is much better off the irons and around the green. It might be my new ball. Also tried a sleeve of Pro V1's. I guess I'm not good enough to notice any big advantage to them.

It was just my day I guess. Started out bogey on the first hole then parred the next three. The rest were all bogeys except for this ace on hole #7.

And YES, it WAS those beautiful new G5 Pings that I'm starting to hit really sweet now. Anyone considering them should have NO reservations. They are great irons.

You know Ping has a new line coming out in the fall called "rapture", right?

No BS........you're gonna need an upgrade soon. :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520