• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My grip

petersmells

Riopos
Reaction score
2 weeks ago I started to snap hook the ball bad. I went to the range a few times and the only thing I could do to work it out was change my grip from interlocking to a ten finger grip. This only applies to my woods and hybrids. Now I am back palying solid golf again. I would eventually like to go back to interlocking but this combo is working great.

2 weeks ago I started to snap hook the ball bad. I went to the range a few times and the only thing I could do to work it out was change my grip from interlocking to a ten finger grip. This only applies to my woods and hybrids. Now I am back palying solid golf again. I would eventually like to go back to interlocking but this combo is working great.

Do you tend to hit high shots prior to this snap hook issue? Are you lacking any distance?

Donne 10 Finger all of my life, anything else feels weird.

10 Finger all of my life, anything else feels weird.

me too - although, when I play around at the range and I do make contact with an interlock or overlap grip, I seem to pick up some distance

but this added distance isn't as positive as the negatives that come with control I give up

play what works for you

I guess it'd be nice if I had learned with one of the other grips, but it's too late for me

Do you tend to hit high shots prior to this snap hook issue? Are you lacking any distance?

never been a high ball hitter, distance is about the same. Control is good if not better with the 10 finger. I had a slight draw before and now I have a slight fade but I can still turn it over if needed.

never been a high ball hitter, distance is about the same. Control is good if not better with the 10 finger. I had a slight draw before and now I have a slight fade but I can still turn it over if needed.

i would bet that you have an early release, try this, take your normal interlocking grip then (if you are right handed) try and keep your glove logo or velcro toward your target as long as possible. Or just think of keeping the back of your left hand down the target line.

I suspect that you have an early release and you play your ball a little farther back in your stance closer towards your right foot then your left.

i would bet that you have an early release, try this, take your normal interlocking grip then (if you are right handed) try and keep your glove logo or velcro toward your target as long as possible. Or just think of keeping the back of your left hand down the target line.

I suspect that you have an early release and you play your ball a little farther back in your stance closer towards your right foot then your left.

I hear you on the release, I know my timing is way off and all my buddies told me that I was swinging faster and crappier than usual. I will try the tip tonight on the range. I play the ball forward in my stance though. I am a decent golfer who plays to a 6 handicap so I have a decent swing its not as bad as my buddies say.

I worked it out and am no longer using the 10 finger grip. I am back to the interlocking and it is good. I shot a 70 on saturday and a sorry 77 on sunday.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,780

Rockford35

2. 17,420

eclark53520