• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My journey.

Thanks guys, Im finding if you eat the right stuff its suprisingly hard to get up in the calorie count. This is what I had yesterday.

Bfast- 1 cup all-bran cereal, skim milk & 2 egg whites, V8 Fruit fusion 8oz
Morning snack- 1/2 cup mixed unsalted nuts
Lunch- 6" Turkey on wheat w/ lettuce,tomato,oil&vinegar
afternoon snack- 3oz tuna out of the bag
Dinner - 8oz skinless chicken on tortilla w/ lettuce and tobasco
Night snack - 2oz natural peanut butter with 4 unsalted saltines
12 glasses of water throughout the day.

I barely broke 2k calories, and my basal is 2100. Add in the hour of p90x and 20 mins of jogging before bed, Im probably -1k or so for the day.
I also couldnt believe how much energy and lack of hunger I had all day. I hope im not doing it wrong :)

Good luck!!!

I got seriously out of shape this winter to the point where I would get winded and stuff on things that never bothered me. My cholesterol was through the roof. Went back to working out 5 days a week in late March. 3 days cardio and 2 days on weights. Had a few issues over the last year where I had to limit what I could do with my hands and eliminated the possibility of weight training. While I have done Weight training in the past, I have tried to take it to a new level this time. As a result I haven't lost a ton of weight (about 8-10 pounds) and if it weren't for the fact that I can literally see a difference with the entire "Muscle weighs more than fat thing" it would be kinda depressing. About 5 of it was in the last week.

Still need to work on the Alcohol thing. Always seemed to have my vices, and it is the one I am holding onto now. :)

About 7-8 years ago I was over 300 lbs and got down to 225 over a span of about 18 months then stayed there until this winter. Always put a few pounds on over the winter, but this year got to 250. At around 240 right now, but Probably in better shape than I have been since I was around 185 in college and looked Anorexic from Soccer. Even though I still carry around alot of fat right now, have put on a bit more muscle than I ever had.

Guess I am just mentioning it all because if you do weight training, don't get discouraged if you don't see immediate results or actually gain weight. If I get down to 225 again with this current routine, I would bargain to guess I will be in better shape than when I was 185. Am about 6'1" BTW, and prior to about 7-8 years ago I had done very little in the way of working out since College in the mid 80's. Have gone through some serious weight changes and it has not always been a matter of losing less weight is a bad thing as far as being healthy. May taper off then kick in at different points.

Mike - supplement that diet with high protein snacks, protein bars and shakes. Don't worry about the extra cals, you'll need them for your workouts or you will be bonking hard. make sure you are getting enough fat and carbs too.

Mike - supplement that diet with high protein snacks, protein bars and shakes. Don't worry about the extra cals, you'll need them for your workouts or you will be bonking hard. make sure you are getting enough fat and carbs too.
... and most important. Drink a boatload of water to limit the strain on your kidneys and Liver.

You can find a lot of the Protein Bars, snacks and Shakes in Wholesale clubs for about 1/4 the price. Got 5 pounds of 100% Whey Protein (Myoplex, but they had others) for about $27 at BJ's. Paid about $42 for 3 lbs of Isopure with no carbs at GNC, which I use after Cardio Workouts, prior to finding out they had the others at BJ's. The Myoplex has 3g Carbs per 23g protein.

I mix the Myoplex with Ice, water and Bananas that I slice an freeze, and maybe a little peanut butter after weights (within 20 minutes). It is close to one of the better shakes I have ever had.

Also very, very important to stretch after workouts to maintain proper muscle length and limit the possibility of future injury.

My shake recipe:

4 frozen strawberries - we buy them at costco they are large berries. I think a huge bag is like 10 bucks
6 oz OJ
3 tablespoons low fat strawberry yogurt
2 scoops whey protein.

They are so awesome my 5 year old drinks a small juice glass of it

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters