• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My Other Sport!

Is that you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes im the kid in the black shirt, not the older guy.

Impressive forehand. Do you have a backhand to match??

Do you know much about table tennis Bravo? The reason i ask is i don't want to use too much lingo if you won't understand.

With my backhand, i learned on inverted rubber, but always had a pretty flat stroke, with quick placement shots, rather than looping. A couple weeks ago i switched to short pips on the backhand which are fast, yet still really spinny. They work perfectly for my stroke.

My backhand isn't as "flashy". I use it to block, and hit through slow loops.

I honestly don't know much about it. I used to play a lot of tennis when I was a teenager though and am familiar with its strategies.

In tennis, when you have a player extended way over into the forehand side of the court as a result of a deep baseline shot, it is pretty common to "run" your opponent with a deep baseline return over to their backhand side. As a result, in tennis both the forehand and backhand strokes have equal importance.

Is this not the case in TT?????

I just started getting back into table tennis after years away. Never really good but when I worked at a pool hall, the owner was really good and would give me lessons.

I honestly don't know much about it. I used to play a lot of tennis when I was a teenager though and am familiar with its strategies.

In tennis, when you have a player extended way over into the forehand side of the court as a result of a deep baseline shot, it is pretty common to "run" your opponent with a deep baseline return over to their backhand side. As a result, in tennis both the forehand and backhand strokes have equal importance.

Is this not the case in TT?????

The same principle applies in TT aswell. There are some people who have backhands just as powerful as their forehands, but my backhand was never intended for power, more for control. I use it to block, counter, hit, ect.

Veeeeedddyyyy interesting.

Well, good luck with it. I'm terrible at TT, though, it's still a lot of fun to play.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

FedEx Ranking