• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My putting routine/stroke

FKA19

winter ho'in
Reaction score
There've been a lot of swing videos on lately, but I haven't seen anybody post putting stroke videos. Here's a few of mine:

Here's me holing a 5-6 footer:
YouTube - Putting Stroke

Here's me with lining up a 20 footer for birdie on #9:
YouTube - putting routine

^^^ I do this routine for most putts outside 10 feet.

What do you think?
And .. does anybody else have any putting videos? It'd be cool to see different strokes.

Nice looking stroke... and Nice Shoes!! :laugh: What do you use for a grip?

There've been a lot of swing videos on lately, but I haven't seen anybody post putting stroke videos. Here's a few of mine:

Here's me holing a 5-6 footer:
YouTube - Putting Stroke

Here's me with lining up a 20 footer for birdie on #9:
YouTube - putting routine

^^^ I do this routine for most putts outside 10 feet.

What do you think?
And .. does anybody else have any putting videos? It'd be cool to see different strokes.

I dont know much about how a good putting stroke is, but im gonna say it looked good, and you holed the 5 footer, and almost the 20 footer, so good job. I take a while to line up my putts unless they are like a foot away.

Nice looking stroke... and Nice Shoes!! :laugh: What do you use for a grip?

atm it's the stock cameron cord grip. gonna throw something with some more feel on it over the winter. and about the shoes.. i love em!

atm it's the stock cameron cord grip. gonna throw something with some more feel on it over the winter. and about the shoes.. i love em!

I think Ez meant how you hold the club. Looks like some sort of claw grip.

FKA, you shoulda mentioned grips, I have 3 pingman grips here with me, but im guna end up staying with the baby T grip on my pro plat for now.

If you'd have mentioned it I coulda sent one in with the 3w!

I think Ez meant how you hold the club. Looks like some sort of claw grip.

You got it. :laugh:

If the 1st one was an inch longer you'd have missed it.
icon10.gif

And rather than all that walking around and break checking on a relatively straight putt... I'd have at least moved a few leaves out the way instead. :)

You got it. :laugh:

If the 1st one was an inch longer you'd have missed it.
icon10.gif

And rather than all that walking around and break checking on a relatively straight putt... I'd have at least moved a few leaves out the way instead. :)

a lot of that is to simply get comfortable and confident over the putt. the feel stroke halfway between the ball and the hole helps with this the most.

oh yeah .. it's my custom grip. used it all year. works very well to make the stroke completely left-handed, and relieve tension from the hands.
here's the original thread i made on it with pictures:
http://www.shottalk.com/forum/shot-talk/11899-my-putting-grip-anyone-seen.html
this grip is great for me with putts of all length. it's just natural now.

Lately ive been using an interlocking grip like for my regular swing. Im not sure if thats a good idea, but its comfortable for me now.:) Hey i just saw the picture, your grip might kind of look like mine... Lol.

a lot of that is to simply get comfortable and confident over the putt. the feel stroke halfway between the ball and the hole helps with this the most.

I'm just busting on you man. I know you are just trying to show your routine. I've been using the double reverse overlap. I used to use just an interlock. I've been experimenting with a triple overlap, leaving only my left pinky out. Trying to get the left hand out of the stroke as much as possible. It's not easy, trying to lose the left on the putts and lose the right on the full swing.

I'm just busting on you man. I know you are just trying to show your routine. I've been using the double reverse overlap. I used to use just an interlock. I've been experimenting with a triple overlap, leaving only my left pinky out. Trying to get the left hand out of the stroke as much as possible. It's not easy, trying to lose the left on the putts and lose the right on the full swing.

Is there an advantage to using an overlap compared to an interlock ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520