• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My swing

loafer4life

Reaction score
I've been lurking around here for a while, posting occasionally but not contributing too much. Finally got some videos of my swing and thought I would post them.

[video=youtube;hG4kJPnKGbU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG4kJPnKGbU[/video]

[video=youtube;k7d0XeIgWPM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7d0XeIgWPM[/video]

Your stance is a bit narrow which leads to a swaying motion during weight transfer. Other than that I don't see a whole lot to comment on. It looks like a decent swing.

Thanks for the comment. I hadn't noticed the narrow stance but now that you mention it... Hopefully I can go out again tomorrow, haven't had a chance to play much this year.

I don't think his stance is too narrow. I've gotten into more problems with a wider stance.

Stance, does look a little narrow. they should be as wide as your shoulders (measure your shoulder tip to tip) say 17,18,19" ect.
That is how wide your stance should be. when you widen your stance youll notice your shoulder tilt will increase. (right now it looks a little to level)
Or it might be the camara angle?
There are 2 main things I noticed on the swing (after replays & stops many times)
Looks like your a little flat at the top. (your inside of your left elbow seems to pointing behind you. ,remember hand position at the top set is somewhere between the shoulder (flatter swing) and the ear (upright swing) Your hand position at the top looks a little flat. to far under the shoulder.
Thus leads to the other thing I noticed, you need to lead the club thru impact with the hands not flipping them ,(in this Video you appear to be flipping thru the ball.
Which is caused be your set position at the top. Its the only way you can return to the ball without a push slice it or an over flip produces a snap hook or pull, or straight down the middle, depending on your timming.

Do you always hit irons off your front instep?

Seems a bit too far forward, but i'm no pro...so who knows...

I thought it looked pretty good . How far do you hit your driver and 6 iron?

A little too narrow. Widen it up a bit and give yourself some space to work.

Try to take a down the line video also. This'll help to see if you are too flat, too upright, OTT etc.

You flip through impact, just like myself. Because of the flip, you may want to move that ball position back a bit to have a better chance to catch it with the face. I imagine you hit some pretty high balls with that 6 iron.

If someone could do a capture on the point where he's thrown away the lag, just before impact, your hands are at your right hip, but your shaft is already bending WAY forward. You want that bend forward to happen at impact. Also, just after impact, your right hand is totally straight and the shaft is leaning back toward your right shoulder.

Looks like 1000 reps on the TourStriker for you. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520