• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NC/SC Shottalk outing?

Walterboro is a LOOOOOOOONG ***** way from Pinehurst. :D

(Walterboro is S-SE from Augusta about a hundred miles)

Hmmm, ok, how many hours.

I really need to make the trip to Walterboro anyway. SWMBO's sisters son used to be a golf teaching pro. They told me if we come to visit they have hundreds and hundreds of golf shafts, both steel and graphite, I can have. ;)

And besides Doc, you know I don't mind a bit of a drive to meet up with fellow Shot talkers, :laugh:

Actually, I've never played Tobacco Road, and it's only 10 minutes from my house. Supposed to be very tough, and very important that you play the correct distance for your game.

Stranz has another course in Asheboro called Tot Hill Farm. The local nickname for it is "TR done right". That's only an hour from TR.

In Pinehurst, you need to decide do you want to go high or low on cost. If cost is no object, you should play at least one of the Pinehurst courses. Probably not #2, but 6 is a great course. Talamore is a fun course as well, and not as expensive.

Mid-Pines Resort is a great place to stay, and you get to play Mid-Pines and Pine Needles (multiple LPGA US Open's). It's not cheap, but the food, service, and golf are all outstanding.

It really boils down to how much do you want to drive once you're here, and how much do you want to spend.

MC you gonna be able to play?
I know I can't the 29th as I'll have my girls for the weekend. I've gotta check with SWMBO about the 22nd as we've talked about a last weekend at NMB without kids before school starts...do a little shagging. Sort of a tradition we have since she teaches.

I've gotta check with SWMBO about the 22nd as we've talked about a last weekend at NMB without kids before school starts...do a little shagging.

Just wait till the kids go to bed and shag away. Oh, you were talking about DANCING, sorry McDavis, my bad. :ugly25:

Just wait till the kids go to bed and shag away. Oh, you were talking about DANCING, sorry McDavis, my bad. :ugly25:
We do both versions of shagging...American and British!! ;)

There's a few clubs we still aren't allowed back into....

m let's plan on the weekend of the 22nd. Do we want to pick Tobacco Road as our course?
Here are the definites so far:
Bryguy
gwlee7
juniortodd
floggerrushmd

Maybes:
Doc
Fatcity1
Clemsonhacker
mddubya

I will take care of arranging the 22nd tee times, but if you guys want to do a 2 day event, you may want to work it out amonst yourselves.

i cant make it the 22nd... the final round of our businees league is that weekend.. and as defending club champs we have to be there..sorry... MC if you are going to in NMB and have a lil time to sleep off for golf shoot me a pm... im only 40 min from thebeach and i can get us on some inland course cheap

i am really interested in coming down for va. is this 100% and is anyone staying somewhere. i'm looking for hotels in sanford. let me know thanks

i am really interested in coming down for va. is this 100% and is anyone staying somewhere. i'm looking for hotels in sanford. let me know thanks

I debating staying the night or driving on home. Maybe ride down to myrtle if there is golf to be played there.

I will probably just drive back home that is only an hour or so from my house.

I might be able to make this trip. Especially if it was in September. I'm driving to Wisconsin for a week in September and could add a day to the trip for golf with you guys.

I might be able to make this trip. Especially if it was in September. I'm driving to Wisconsin for a week in September and could add a day to the trip for golf with you guys.

Bring the little vixen in your avatar. :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520