• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nearly had a coronary...

Kilted Arab

Reaction score
We're doing some tidying up around the place ahead of the arrival of our second little 'un..

Homes here have small rooms set aside for "maids quarters"...we have no maid so that bedroom/bathroom is set aside for junk/storage. Well, me and the mrs went in there for a wee look earlier and she looked at my spare sets, bags etc and muttered the dreaded words "Can we get rid of some of this golf stuff..?"

When I came round 1/2 an hour later I had a stiff whisky and set her straight on a few things.

I'm going to have nightmares tonight.

You gotta let them know who's the boss :) Now, that you know who the boss is, what did she get rid of? :)

Good God man - a nightmare!!

Remind her how expense the stuff is - maybe that will do the trick....

Bravo said:
Good God man - a nightmare!!

Remind her how expense the stuff is - maybe that will do the trick....

Ummm...errr.....no...cos...well...I probably told her a wee fib about the cost of it all in the first place...:eek:

EDSGolf said:
You gotta let them know who's the boss :) Now, that you know who the boss is, what did she get rid of? :)

Ha! I wear the breeks in ma hoose! <quick look over shoulder to make sure she's not reading this..>

I was sitting agonizing about the cost of reshafting my driver with something expensive yesterday. SWMBO came in and announced she just spent $110 to have her hair cut & colored. Do I like it & she hopes I don't think she spent too much.

Timing couldn't be better. Hello Golfsmith - let's talk.:D

Kilted Arab said:
Ummm...errr.....no...cos...well...I probably told her a wee fib about the cost of it all in the first place...:eek:

No, no, explain to her how all golf equipment appreciates in value, of course. :D

It never goes down, right?

How much for that spare driver, KA?

I'll give you 4 dollars. 4 dollars, of the missus hears about your breeks comment....:D

R35

Kilted Arab said:

I can't imagine what the reaction would be if my wife knew how much money was sitting in my golf bag. I do try to trade whenever possible so she doesn't see a pile of clubs not in the bag.

Rockford35 said:
How much for that spare driver, KA?

I'll give you 4 dollars. 4 dollars, of the missus hears about your breeks comment....:D

R35

Done!

Shipping costs = $250. That ok?

DaveE said:
I can't imagine what the reaction would be if my wife knew how much money was sitting in my golf bag. I do try to trade whenever possible so she doesn't see a pile of clubs not in the bag.

Yeah, but my mrs is just as bad. when we moved here she bought a new mobile phone - a nicer one than mine which upset me no end!

Anyway, I asked her how much it was and she said something like $80 (cant remember the exact figure). I was surprised and she said about it being an end-of-line model and there was a sale on. So I let it go, wasn't that bothered about it.

Two months later I was flicking through an ad leaflet for a local electronics shop. Loh and behold there was her phone. At three times the cost she'd told me! Bingo! Home I trotted, smile on my face. Over lunch asked her about the new phone and how she was getting on with it. Fine, she says.

"How much was it again?", says I. Red as a beetroot, she went, knowing something was up. $80 says she.

"Really?", says I. Before playing the trump card.

It was poetic and I bring it up regularly. Especially when golf expenses are under discussion.

Kilted Arab said:
Yeah, but my mrs is just as bad. when we moved here she bought a new mobile phone - a nicer one than mine which upset me no end!

Anyway, I asked her how much it was and she said something like $80 (cant remember the exact figure). I was surprised and she said about it being an end-of-line model and there was a sale on. So I let it go, wasn't that bothered about it.

Two months later I was flicking through an ad leaflet for a local electronics shop. Loh and behold there was her phone. At three times the cost she'd told me! Bingo! Home I trotted, smile on my face. Over lunch asked her about the new phone and how she was getting on with it. Fine, she says.

"How much was it again?", says I. Red as a beetroot, she went, knowing something was up. $80 says she.

"Really?", says I. Before playing the trump card.

It was poetic and I bring it up regularly. Especially when golf expenses are under discussion.

You're lucky really. My wife is frugal to the point that I have to convince her to spend on herself. If I'm ever busted I'll no defense at all.

It's not easy being the only selfish one in the marriage but I do the best I can.

DaveE said:
You're lucky really. My wife is frugal to the point that I have to convince her to spend on herself. If I'm ever busted I'll no defense at all.

It's not easy being the only selfish one in the marriage but I do the best I can.

You know, this phone incident is the one and only time she's ever been extravagant, and I can't understand it as technology usually has no interest to her. Still, manna from heaven for me!

Surprised you weren't on the couch that evening telling her who the man is. ahahah

Good story! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424