• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need Iron Rec's!!

Looked up the Miura's. They look very nice and sounds like they are high quality. What's a set of 4-SW cost? Couldn't find a price on website.

Should I be considerring a Cavity Back forged iron or full muscle back? What will be the playing characteristics? I hit a forged muscleback iron (Titleist) at a demo day and on solid contact I couldn't feel the ball come off the face - just pure sweet contact! On my Pings you can pretty much feel a slight vibration on impact.

Miura CB 201
Mizzy MP 60

What else?

REFLOG said:
Looked up the Miura's. They look very nice and sounds like they are high quality. What's a set of 4-SW cost? Couldn't find a price on website.

Should I be considerring a Cavity Back forged iron or full muscle back? What will be the playing characteristics? I hit a forged muscleback iron (Titleist) at a demo day and on solid contact I couldn't feel the ball come off the face - just pure sweet contact! On my Pings you can pretty much feel a slight vibration on impact.

Miura CB 201
Mizzy MP 60

What else?

Forget the Miura's, while they may be nice and the "Sweetest" forging you have ever felt you will pay for it. A 4-SW will cost you rought $37,500 or more than i put down on the first house i bought.

HOGAN all they baby, i will never own another brand as long as the quality stays consistent.

I would wait until you get your swing back with your original clubs. By then all the new irons will be out. Then hit the pro shop and test a few brands and enjoy. Just like waiting for Christmas to come!

Are you kidding me - $37,500 for set of irons!!!!!:wow: Clubs do assist in game improvement, but by no means are they gonna make a scratch player out of 20 handicapper!!! For that kinda of $ they better do something other than look nice!!!!

Me gonna stick to a set of Chinese made types (Titleist, Mizzy's etc..). Viva China!!!

I am still working on my swing, as we always are, and will move into a new set near X-mas time. I am just wondering if the Pings are improving my game or just hiding my swing mistakes????

Logic would state that if you practice with forged irons you will develop swing habits that are beneficial to your game/swing, instead of covering up your mistakes???

I could be wrong, as I often am!!!!

Thanks!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35