• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NEED YOUR INPUT PLEASE

• Thread starter ATTITUDEisMONEY
  • Start date
A

ATTITUDEisMONEY

I recently acquired the following. A new set of nike forged irons. The Ignite 410 Driver. And the 004 mallet putter. Here is my problem. The irons and Driver are regular flex and I need stiff. No one in the Fox Valley area has these clubs in stock and I am unable to exchange them for little to no cost. Also, should I use the 410 or 460 driver and why?

Thanks for your info.

Check the Clubfitters site for the US. There might be one in your backyard that can swap out shafts. I find it funny that there isn't a shop within a 50 miles that won't swap shafts out for you (at a cost, of course).

Why, if I might add, did you buy regular if you are a stiff?

The 460 driver will be just that much more forgiving than that of the 410. As for distance, they'll be the same. But, you'll have to be a little more on the button to hit the ball straighter and with more accuracy than that of the 460. But that extra 50cc's isn't a game saver, just remember that. ;)

Hope this helps,

R35

I was looking for more input. I thought it needed to be at the front of the postings.

And I didn't buy the clubs with regular shafts. I won them on Father's day and that's what I get. Not what I need.

P.S. The shafts are the most expensive part of the clubs. Why would I pay for the swap?

And what irons should I choose?

ATTITUDEisMONEY said:
And I didn't buy the clubs with regular shafts. I won them on Father's day and that's what I get. Not what I need.

P.S. The shafts are the most expensive part of the clubs. Why would I pay for the swap?

No, the head is the most expensive part of the club. You certianly don't believe that a golf shop should reshaft your irons for free do you?

ATTITUDEisMONEY said:

Sell them on E-bay and buy another set. That's the best way not to hose yourself, it seems.

Check and see what they're going for in mint shape. Then, price them accordingly with a Buy it Now. Once they're gone, you can start looking for a set with stiff shafts in them.

Failing that, put them in the local paper. Or give them to someone you know (your wife, son, cousin, dad, ect). They were free, correct?

The thing to remember is that you're going to end up paying something in the end. Nothing is free.

R35

When we reshaft clubs, you get your shaft back so we have to charge.

We do the little things that make the clubs look factory. We also use a process that keeps the clubs tight, here in Texas the heat will melt the glue and the heads will come off so we make sure that doesn't happen.
All these things take time and cost money.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Who has been here?