• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New driver hunt 2

I just sold "the one" to MG last month. he now has it on eBay. Not sure if it is going to sell or not. PM him. I'm sure he will give you a deal!

10.5 TEE with Graff NT stiff shaft. That is the one that Rock did the review on. At least 5 people from ST have now hit this thing.

It's a great club, problem was I had 2 of them and the wife was getting suspicious. Actually I usually have about 6 drivers continually revolving....

There you go, I thought it was a joke.

As far as my wife is concerned: SHE IS NO LONGER SUSPICIOUS!!! She knows that at times i just can't resist buying some new stuff. She also knows that she married a lovely man and that "I am worth it!!!":laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Now where did I hear this phrase before???

Try to convince her that you are the best man she married!!! or buy some flowers and take her out for dinner every time you buy a new club/shaft/whatever.:laugh::laugh::laugh: Do not over do it though, you will make her suspicious!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

On the serious side, I found that most heads are pretty good. If it looks good at address and is matched with the right shaft for our swing, then the results will be pretty good too with that club. Yes, some will be less then perfect for feel or launch, etc, while others will be just right.

As far as shafts are concerned: they have to match our swing style, speed, tempo, flex, launch to be the right one for us. I found with a number of shafts that they feel perfect in one head and as such I put it in another one and expect it to feel great. However, the feel is less then desirable. I have experienced the opposite of this too: Eg: some of the Fuji shafts were people "ooh ah"-ing about and absolutely swearing by them how good they are. I have tried them in a number of heads and if they were installed in a bore through head I found them to be dead, non-responsive. However, when they are installed as standard bore, they came alive. Same shaft, same flex! Now this is representative to my crappy swing. With your swing you may find the opposite or the exact reverse of my experience with them.

To me trial and error is the only true test!!!!!!!!!!!

The feel of the TEE for me is like the feel of a blade iron hit smack out of the middle!!! Looooove it!!! I will buy one if I find one at the right price. If the shaft does not suit me I will change it to something that will! I would still buy a 975D with 10.5* or 11.5* loft if the head is in good nick.

I also know that the 983E head is good because I do not need to look at where the ball is going when i swing well. I know it from the feel. I equally know that how bad swings feel. Crap!!! I better look where my ball is going. The Bang head is more forgiving than the 983E yet there is still enough feel for me to know where my ball is heading. So, it is just the case of finding the right shaft and making sure that I trust my swing.

As you can see from the age of my 3W and my irons, they are right for me. I will not change them until they break or ware out. My 7Iron is getting close to it though. Really not looking forward to change to new irons.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520