• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

new driver quwstion

DBogie59

Reaction score
I thought I had my driver decided on but now rethinking it. I was set to buy a Ping G5, but the taylormades look good and now Callaway is discounting the FT-3. My question is, when I am Fitted and all variables are figured out which driver is the best, as far as quality, technology, ease of playability.
Help, please

DB,

Drivers today are all about asthetics. How they look. You're pretty much splitting hairs when you compare them just as heads.

Get your specs figured out, then go hit each one that you like with those specs. Then, buy the one that best fits your eye and gives you the best feel in your hands.

Good luck,

R35

Yeah Rock has it right. I assume you are looking for a forgiving driver? All the ones you mentioned are great clubs. There are no "magic" superlong drivers. Give me 20 different 9.5* drivers made in the last 3 or 4 years and I'll bet there won't be more than 10yds. between longest and shortest. Far more important for distance and consistancy is the shaft.

But if I were going to choose from those I would take the FT-3 (Much more "technology" in that club) :D

That's what I was thinking. Just can't seem to part ways with an extra 100-200 bucks for the rapture or newer taylormades

The Rapture would blow those all out of the water. I tried them all before I bought mine :D

That's what I was thinking. Just can't seem to part ways with an extra 100-200 bucks for the rapture or newer taylormades

Just wait two weeks on the Taylor Made. They'll have something new out in that time and the SuperQuad will be $199.

But don't count on a deal from Ping. They have this crazy cult following of idiots that think they're stuff is good....fools...

:D

R35

Man, you really cant go wrong with any of the three. IMO if theyre all fitted for you, the FT-3 has the most put into it, ive heard nothing but E Z about the FT-3 driver.

Personally nvr liked the sound though, i loved everything else about it though, but the sound bugged me.

Rock's got it. However, when you decide, make sure you've hit every one you possibly could before buying any of them. Or if you're like Ezra, before you buy many of them.

Thanks for the help.I figured they were all pretty much the same, but since they have all been on the market for a couple of years, I wanted to see if there was really any difference.

Man, you really cant go wrong with any of the three. IMO if theyre all fitted for you, the FT-3 has the most put into it, ive heard nothing but E Z about the FT-3 driver.

Personally nvr liked the sound though, i loved everything else about it though, but the sound bugged me.

Yeah they do sound like you're throwing golf balls at one of those metal garbage cans when you hit them. I've seen one in pieces and there really isn't much to them. There are certainly more forgiving clubs out there too. You may even consider one of the X460's which is a far superior club IMHO. Also look at the older (and cheaper) 454 Titanium which is probably on eof their best drivers since the original Warbird.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520