• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New irons arrived today

Great looking bag you have now. The irons look sweet and I like the Putter.

I like the look of the putter, which model is it?

It's a MacGregor Bobby Grace Fat Lady Swings putter. You can pick them up brand new for about £50 plus shipping great value.

But now I now why everyone raves on and on about forged irons. I'll never on a set that isn't forged again after playing with these.

There are still a few non-believers out there. Welcome. Very nice sticks!:thumbs up:

RJ

Fabulous irons, nice pick up.

What do you make of the Nippons? Have you used them before or are they also new to you?

I have to agree that hitting a forged iron is the tops. It's tough to think of going back to cast once you have hit them.

I love the Nippons, very stable and true, and they are new to me also. The shafts actually helped me make up my mind to pull the trigger, I got the whole set of irons for about the cost of the shafts actually.

Dave; The putter is the Fat Lady Swings designed by Bobby Grace for MacGregor, probably the greatest name ever for a putter, very true and a nice swing to it, now if I could just learn to read a green. I keep missing my putts by just rolling across the outer edge of the hole, :real angry:

And no doubt on the forged versus cast, I can't imagine anyone who ever hits a forged iron ever wanting cast again. These are my 1st set of forged, but I'm definately a convert now!!!!!!

Also if you have the budget and you are going to get them fitted how about a bit of TLT magic?

Might be worth looking into - after all I would suppose that these will be in your bag for some time now. May as well get them done just right.

I'm getting them measured and fitted by my instructor Tuesday weather permitting, and yes, I'm going to ask about TLT'ing. But being 6'2", I need them over length and these are standard.

Played with the new irons again yesterday. Actually hit them pretty good. Probably one of my best rounds I've had of late with my irons. Can't wait to get them fitted though. To bad I couldn't hit my driver for squat. The adjustments to my swing to cure my slice have gone too far the opposite direction and led to a hook. But hey, my lousy drives gave me more oppertunities to hit the new irons. :laugh: Man I love these things.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520