• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Rapture V2 driver

bryguy

Reaction score
Picked up my V2 rapture yesterday that our pro ordered for me at the Ping demo day. Kinda a weird combo, BUT it works. 12* head with a stiff flex Diamana blueboard shaft. When I had the fitting done, the guy handed me this combo and told me to just hit it and not look at the numbers on the club. I hit it, and it felt good, had a ball flight that I liked. I was a little worried about ordering it, but went ahead. Hit about 25 or 30 balls with it yesterday, and it is an amazing combo. It is not 20 or 30 yds longer than my current driver, but it is so easy to hit. Launches the ball very good, and the bal has a penetrating flight. I meesed around a little with different tees, and if I take a standard length tee, I can hit a killer 'stinger' with it, where the ball stay reaonably low and just takes off. I can also use one of the 3 3/4 tees and launch those pretty high drives that land and roll out pretty good. I realize this is the start of the honeymoon, but I like it so far. I was very very skeptical of this when I ordered it, but the Rapture V2 head is something else. I was expecting to be hitting moon balls with this driver, but so far I have not seen it. It also seems that the higher loft is helping me hit the ball a tad straighter(I fougth a slice for a while, but now hit alot of power fades, with a very few slices here and there), and to even hit draws. I like it so far, and was plesantly suprised with this driver. I'll try to post in about amonth and see how things are still going with this driver. The honey moon should be over by then, and it should show it's true self then.

Good to hear. Everyone is raving about the V2 driver and fairway woods. I am going to have to demo a couple.

I tried the Ping G10 and just couldn't get it to work.

Yeah, I am not a fan of the G10 anything. I had a 3 wood, was not fond of it, and the G10 driver is not for me. The V2 fairways are pretty good, not quite as long as some of the others I have tried. The hybrids are a little to 'tinny' sounding for me, but they hit the ball pretty well. One of the hotter fairway woods I have hit lately is the new Adams speedline fairway hybrid. That thing is pretty sick.

Ping? PING? You?

wtf I thought you had an FT-9 or something that you were in love with!?

Slick, I still have the FT-5, It has not been replaced yet. This V2 has the potential to knock it out of the bag, but it has to continue to perform. It gets it's first test on the course in just a few minutes. There are about 10 drivers or so from the last few years that are all on the same level that I can hit and like. I am an equal oportunity ho. Besides, the Rapture has such a cool name and the head cover is just lovely with the lovely mint green on it, that it matches my eyes(not!!!):biglol::biglol::smilie_pi

lmao... well hell man.. you might as well buy one of everything and just go from there! :)

I'm working on that. Seriously, drivers are the only spot in my bag that I am still searching for. After yesterdays round, looks like the Rapture is a contender, and a top one at that. One of the straightest drivers I have ever hit, with length.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520