• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New set

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just put together a set of Acer irons last night for a buddy of mine.

He had been using a set of really old blades that were too short for him, and missing a couple clubs as well(5i is in the woods somewhere....)

First impressions of the heads, very nice finish on them. I couldn't tell you anything beyond that, but they looked really nice.

Threw a set of regular old True Temper shafts, as he wanted to do this somewhat on the cheap.

Got a 4-p and even after accidentally ordering 7 packs of a dozen ferules(thought they were singles...and it didn't specify..but i thought it was a bit expensive for one) he only spent about 140 and that was with extra grips

Hopefully i can get a better review once we get them out and hit them. He is pretty excited to get these out on the course. It was painful to watch him try to slump over and hit those short clubs before so i hope this will help.

I get a lot of nice compliments at the course about my Acers. Several people have asked what they are, the usually mistake them for Cally's at first.

They are even more surprised when I tell them I built them myself.

Oh, when I saw the title I thought your's had finally dropped....

I'm sure your daughter can vouch for me...
She did...that's why she calls you her little Ken doll....:mgw:

Post some pics of the irons...Acers are good looking clubs!

Acers are a FINE club head IMO

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424