• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New shaft advice

henrik_is_god

Reaction score
Hello All , need a little advice . Basically I just changed my driver from the Ping G10 ( Aldila DVS STIFF 3.3 torque shaft ) to the Titleist 907 D2 . The shaft thats in the Titleist is the blue grafalloy 2.8 torque shaft )

I think the shaft is too stiff for me :mad: , so im going to change it . Any advice on a different one or should I just get the one I had in the Ping ?

Lower the torque = stiffer the shaft . Is that right/wrong ??

btw im a 5 handicapper , and driving would be one of the weakest points of my game

I just bought one of these for my brother (the 907). He went with the UST V2 76g from the way-too-soft Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue (different from what you have there).

Most of the 907's I see around have the V2 in them. It's a solid, middle of the road shaft that just plain works in that head.

However, if you can get out and hit a few different drivers with different shafts, it might help you dial in what works best for your particular swing.

R35

Like Rock said, the best thing to do is go try and swing as many different shafts as you can. Even if its a different head than you have, you'll get an idea of the characteristics of the shaft. Otherwise, its a shot in the dark.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520