• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

No Politics?

GoFlyers

Reaction score
What is considered politics? Isn’t this statement a touch too broad? Does this include jokes that may include a political reference? Is it considered political if a discussion comes up about what one may have to do to join a club? or get a promotion at work?

Just trying to get a feel here.

You can get an official answer from Sling, but I'm guessing it has a lot to do with the recent election.

I doubt if there is a problem with discussing who you had to sleep with to get into your club. ;)

As far as jokes go, if we can't make fun of politicians then what's left except lawyers & rednecks.

Like I said, as a newbie I am just trying to understand the rules… but the no politics rule seemed a little too general.

Dude, just let her fly.

The mods will let you know if you've crossed the line.

I have a great joke about a couple of whales and some seamen.... :D

R35

I am a political / news junkie and I dispense my thoughts on the matter with great enthusiasm but I do it on other boards (non golf).

The subject is extremely divisive as you must already know and I would prefer to keep the resentment that ploitics generates, elsewhere.

I feel that it is crucial to nurturing my infant board that crazed lunatics such as myself find other forums to vent their feelings/ frustrations or whatever.

I hope that clarifies a little for you.

Slingblade61 said:
I am a political / news junkie and I dispense my thoughts on the matter with great enthusiasm but I do it on other boards (non golf).

The subject is extremely divisive as you must already know and I would prefer to keep the resentment that ploitics generates, elsewhere.

I feel that it is crucial to nurturing my infant board that crazed lunatics such as myself find other forums to vent their feelings/ frustrations or whatever.

I hope that clarifies a little for you.
Uhh Sling, you did not answer any of my question… unless the answer is ANYthing political which includes joining a golf club… upcoming events at the Masters… getting a promotion at work…political jokes… then, I guess you did clarify things.

Use your head.

That is all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35