• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Northlands, anything better?

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Reaction score
Not 10 minutes from my house is probably the most scenic,well groomed municipal golf course in Canada, maybe in all of North America. Obviously I haven’t seen all the city owned golf courses in North America, but I can’t see it getting much better than this “track”. Take a look at what you see when you arrive:

anorthvanmike.net_wp_content_uploads_2009_04_another18.jpg

anorthvanmike.net_wp_content_uploads_2009_04_start.jpg

Then, everything goes bad from there. Yes, it’s tough! Even for you mid-handicappers, bring some extra balls. Missing the fairways here is just not allowed. Say goodbye to your ball and if you do manage to find it, it’ll probably be unhittable. Narrow fairways and strategically placed bunkers make this golf course very trying.Trees. Did I mention trees?
I’ve played it almost a dozen times now and have been beaten up almost everytime. I guess I only feel okay about it because we ALL get humbled. Also, it’s not the longest golf course out there, and the par 5’s are by far the easiest holes on the course. As a matter of fact, one is an eagle hole,but that’s all this golf course gives you, other than the par 3’s.
Here’s a shot of the par 3 16th hole,front and back views:

anorthvanmike.net_wp_content_uploads_2009_04_p3b.jpg

anorthvanmike.net_wp_content_uploads_2009_04_p3.jpg

And a couple of shots of the 18th(front and back views), a real 3 shot G.I.R. par 5, unlike the other big holes:

anorthvanmike.net_wp_content_uploads_2009_04_18thholec.jpg

anorthvanmike.net_wp_content_uploads_2009_04_18thholeb.jpg

Didn’t see any bear today, but saw some deer. This land has always been their habitat, and they weren’t moving for golfers:

anorthvanmike.net_wp_content_uploads_2009_04_deer2.jpg

Other than my terrifically lousy score, I had a great time and good workout walking my round, unlike my younger playing partners in the four. In the heat of summertime, it’s quite a task to push a cart or carry your bag around this course. I’d actually recommend renting a power cart your first time here, get a look at what you’re up against if you do decide to walk it next time.

That is really sweet!
Too bad it's on the other side of the continent. :(

it actually looks much better once the trees get leaves. been a bad winter. a record bad winter.

How come everything up north looks so nice & green while it's all brown here?

Kananaskis Golf Course an hour west of Calgary in the Rockies (Kananaskis Country) is a provincial government run course. I guess public run courses can't all be garbage.

This has got to be one of the finest 36 holes you can ever play. Check it out if you ever get the chance. What's great is the fees. Any other mountain course around here is almost $200. Residents play here for 70 bucks.

Kananaskis Country Golf Course: Golf Kananaskis, Alberta, Canadian Rockies

nice course for sure, but i would'nt call that a "muni". more like a setup for a tourist destination? i like that they give the locals a reasonable rate though.

nice course for sure, but i would'nt call that a "muni". more like a setup for a tourist destination?

Yeah, I agree but when you think public course and govn't run, you just think complete poop.

I love all the courses in BC, especially the interior where its gorgeous and cheap. I'll be posting a trip report in a few weeks about a week long golf trip to Creston Golf course and Crawford Bay BC to the Kokanee Golf Resort. I'll try and get some pictures while I'm there.

Whats the name of that course and how much is a round?

Northlands, it was $55 today.

and speaking of the interior, played Predator Ridge, The Bear, The Quail recently. all around Kelowna. the greens at Predator... wow,fast.

Northlands, why does that sound familiar...? Is that the course near Seymour? Between the mountain and Seymour golf club?

I live out in Mission, but my Dad is a member at Seymour.

Northlands, why does that sound familiar...? Is that the course near Seymour? Between the mountain and Seymour golf club?

I live out in Mission, but my Dad is a member at Seymour.

yup.

hey, you told me you live in Ruskin, lol.

That's one beautiful course NVM. You don't see that in Kansas.

No, Mission, just past ruskin.

Who the hell would want to live in ruskin...? lol

NVM, you should join Mahalleday and GCinBC and myself and we'll have a BC Shottalk outing!

i'd like to do that but i play with the g/f saturdays and with the boys sundays. if either one of those days get cancelled though, i'll pm you.

i see Mahalleday's profile says Winnipeg? not anymore i assume?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520