• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Not to much the slicer any more!

slicerdude

Reaction score
Hi all, not been here for a while, its good to be back, been working real hard with my swing and my golf pro has been with me every step, but on my first lesson he gave me some really great news, after filming my swing he stuck it on the computer, and low and behold after all this time (over 2 years), of trying to correct my swing i am not a slicer, (I`m a late hitter.) in fact when compared to the million pound PGA guys my swing was really very good, with the correct square position and the weight change from right side to left, he was really quite happy with it.
So why have i been slicing all this time i hear you ask, well its all in the arms during the downswing, thinking i was a slicer i always brought the club down on the inside but bringing it down too far, so i wasn`t square at impact, but i am now on the road to a better swing and will be practicing all winter, so hopefully come the new season in 2007, i will be a good bit straighter with the driving, maybe cracking 100, is the first goal.

It sounds like late hitting is easier to correct than full blown slicing.

StraightDude, hopefully fully applicable.

Cheers for the great names, having a little chuckle, hopefully straighterdude wins it, cos thats where i am aiming.

Cheers for the great names, having a little chuckle, hopefully straighterdude wins it, cos thats where i am aiming.
I say GFKASD

Golfer Formerly Known As slicerdude

You could be sort of like Prince during his unintelligible symbol days.

Nice new avatar Ezra. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427