• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

OK, here I go again. I am doing

my equipment. Hey, it is somewhat incouraging that others have had similar situations, but so many folks have had no problems it has to be something at certain user's end.

When I hit my back button and get to where my post was, it is gone and only the title remains. But as I said, this last time, I could not find it, but it just sort of appeared as if a miracle had happened.

I enjoy and appreciate this site very much. I will keep trying to learn, and I apologize for having cost people to lose time over this.

Sincerely, Cypressperch

CP - I may have misunderstood your original post. My text will disappear (without fail) if I press my browser's back button. That's just the way it is with this site and IE.

I had major problems with this on the laptop I use, since IBM thoughtfully put "Page Back" and "Page Forward" buttons right next to the arrow keys. Too many times I would type a few stunningly relevant paragraphs (
icon12.gif
), see a typo, reach for the "Back" key, and see my text vaporize. Of course I couldn't remember the wit and sgacity I had penned in my previous effort, so...

Fortunately, I discovered that IBM included a handy utility that allowed me to set a delay timer on these buttons. Now I have to hold the "Back" button down for two seconds for it to actually page back.

Bottom line - don't page back unless you've copied your text.

I use Firefox and I can page back and then forward and still have my text.

Maybe you could give firefox a try.

Ha!

I just tried it in IE and sure enough, the text disappears.

Use Firefox. :)

I always open in a new window so I don't lose my spot.

Then x out when done.

definately use mozilla FF... that way you can go forwards and backwards without losing your text.. it is very helpful.. :)

and no, i have not been experiencing any problems whatsoever submitting posts...

I hear so many good things about Firefox. I tried it once, and it hosed all my file associations and wouldn't let me change them. I'm sure it's something I did wrong by not unistalling IE first, or something, but my experience with Firefox was so nightmarish (I had to restore my drive image to get functional again) that I will just stick with IE and all it's imperfections. At least until I get smarter.

Never saw the need to uninstall IE, nor did I run into any file association issus, even though I never use IE with Firefox. If you need IE, Firefox has an IE plugin called "IE Tab" that seems to act flawless as an IE connection at the click of a button.

I was a big Opera fan for years, but it does not hold a candle to Firefox. I simply refuse to use IE.

They are 2 separate browsers. They do not conflict with each other.
I have both on my comp. and have had zero problems.

I use IE for testing and FF for everything else. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520