• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

One of those days....

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went and walked 9 holes at daylight yesterday. I've had some stuff on my mind and needed some time to myself. I played moderately bad until I got to the 7th hole, a par 3. Then the unspeakable happened, I shanked 4 straight balls OB from the tee box...yeah, 4. After I lost nearly $20 worth of balls, I finally found the face of my 7 iron and hit the ball in a bunker. Then I shanked that shot into another bunker. I splashed that shot on the green and 2 putted for a 13. I was so mad I could've slapped my mother. I did finish the 9 holes. Then I went to the club house drank a bloody mary and ate a burger. Then bought 5 bags of range balls and hit every single ball with that 7 iron.

Dead tired, I went home. I walk in the door and my wife asks why I haven't been answering my phone. I had left it at the golf course sitting on a bench at the driving range. Then, on my way back to the course, which is 20 miles away, I got a $163 speeding ticket for going 69 in a 55.

Today, I look back on yesterday as almost comical, almost. Actually, it was more like a bad dream.

Wow. I'm quitting the game, to be certain that this never happens to me x.x

My (poor golfer) buddy made a 20 on a par 3 doing something very similar to that a couple weeks ago. Hard to watch, but much harder to experience I'm sure.

Get them all out of your system now. Learn to play the hosel.

I read that to my wife, her response was " was that a tutor story?"

I've been there.

I once had a 21 on a hole, that was actually funny now that I look back on it.

What a day!!! About all you can do is smile and go on... and hope it's a long, long time before history repeats itself.

I apologize for my ignorance, but what is a tutor story?

Yeah limp, all a guy can do is grin and bear it. I'm still pissed about that ticket though.

True story

Yeah, unfortunately it was.

Funny thing, when I was hitting those range balls, I decided I wasn't having any fun. Not just Sunday, but here lately I just haven't been enjoying it as much. Up until this season, I've hit balls nearly everyday for that last 10 years. This year has been different, I haven't practiced at all except to prepare for a tournament and that feels like work.

I have a business golf outing Friday. After that, I'm going to take some time off. I don't plan on picking up a club until next year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520