• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Packers/Cowboys

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not totally surprised since GB sat out Woodson but noted the following:

WHY is every GB/Dallas game of recent years played in Dallas? Let's get them guys in Lambaugh :(

Where was the GB pass rush on Romo? He had all day. :(

Romo played great :(

Favre played.... :( then got hurt

Rodgers played great :)

How about Grant? :)

Why did GB go for a field goal on their last drive and not 1 yard to a 1st down :(

Anyway, it was a good game and GB stayed in it until the end. :)

I watched right up to when TO handed the ball to Harris in the end zone! lol Not a bad game but what I want to know is why the hell did Favre keep throwing deep into dbl coverage?!?!? Didn't make sense to me, ttake the short ones the D was giving them and march down the field - just like they did the 1st drive!

Yeah, I watched the game. I knew the Packers were in trouble when Al Harris took that pass away from TO right before he went out of bounds and the the whole review "debacle" ensued.

It's pretty bad when two officials make a different call on the play -- one official has his view of the play shielded by the player's back and the other has a clear view of the play. The official who can't see the play makes an incorrect call and the official who can see the play makes the correct call (catch and takeaway, Packers ball). The out-of-position official overrules the the other official and they say they can't change the call even after review because "the play was blown dead" by the official who couldn't even see the play.
What a steaming pile. :horse:

The NFL seriously needs to fix their replay rules so that if there is conclusive evidence of what is the right call on a reviewable play, then make the damn right call!

I thought that play (from an officiating point of view) was as bad as the last second field goal last week in the Cleveland-Baltimore game. The NFL is losing serious credibility with me (a season ticket holder with the Chiefs). If you are going to have replay, get the calls right or don't have it at all.

Packers got wrong end of calls, Harris stripping ball and Williams 42 yard questionable pass interference. However Dallas played a very good game on both sides of the ball. Congrats to them. Packers did well to stay with them.

A possible rematch will be interesting if both sides come in healthy.

On positive side QB Aaron Rodgers looked good and Favre elbow injury does not appear to be serious. Probably will continue starting streak against Oakland.

Owens (Mr. Pop Corn) still showboats. Great talent but no class. I'll take a Walter Peyton ego and work ethic anytime. A Randy Moss ---Owens game for Super Bowl will be my nightmare. Hell of role models for youth playing sports.

In order for NFL network to be a broadcasting force Gumbo and Collensworth and their associated crew need to be more competent. Totally missed that Packer OL guard College and CB Bush were benched mid game by coaching staff because of poor performance. And comment that Dallas RB Marion Barber was elusive like a crab.What was that about. The guy is good but a CRAB?????

Anyway either team will represent the NFC well. It was an entertaining game overall.

Did anyone else see the massive crown on that field? Don't know if you stood one sideline if you could see a Doug Flutie on other sideline.You are running down hill on square outs.

NFL Network game. Hardly anyone has it. The only way for me to get it is to get a dish.

I tried going to a couple of bars here in Madison. Got to the first one (not far from where I work) about 6:30 that night, and it was already standing room only. We thought about staying there, but it was taking too long to get any food and beer to us, so we ended up leaving. Got to the second one (a bit out of the way, and usually pretty quiet even at happy hour), and that one was even more packed than the other one. They had a grill going outside because it was too full inside that any more people would violate the fire code.

So I listened to it on the radio.

I have Dish & could have watched the game at home, but one of my co-workers invited my boss & a few of us over to his house to view it. Was a good time, my boss is from Texas & a big Cowboy fan so that made it kind of fun to have a rivalry going on.

That offensive pass interference call was complete bs.
And as cwo2lt asked, what the heck was with Favre throwing up all those deep balls into dbl coverage? Looked like desperation to me.

And as cwo2lt asked, what the heck was with Favre throwing up all those deep balls into dbl coverage? Looked like desperation to me.

Hope coach staff and Favre take lesson from this. The way Rodgers ran the Offense was classic. Also why did Pack go away from "Big 5"set so soon. Boys did not have an answer. That spread offense has allowed many teams to compete this year. In college ranks Hawaii, Illinois, Nevada Los Vegas etc. And Green Bay. Need a good set of receivers and a very good QB and its a natural. Just an extension of "west coast offense".

Boys are a very good team. Just do not like TO's personnna. /a "ME" person playing a "team" sport. Would feel same way if he was wearing the "Green and Gold".

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520