• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Par 5, dogleg right, 550 yds, 2 strokes=double eagle

twogreen

Reaction score
No, not me; but it did happen on my home course recently; and there were five witnesses. We have a young fella who works with the course maintenance crew that did it. He hits the ball a ton...usually shoots in the low seventies...has a personal best of 67 (more than once). Course is 7,004 yds with a slope rating of 140 from the tips.

Shot sequence is shown below:

From the tee box. Ninety degree dogleg right at the top of the picture. Distance to the center of the dogleg is roughly 260 yards. His drive was a fade that carried him perfectly around the dogleg into center of the fairway for his second shot.
ai43.photobucket.com_albums_e364_silvergto_P1000084.jpg

This picture is taken from the center of the dogleg. His ball, after the drive, was lying center of fairway, just past the long shadow forward of the forked tree. He hit a three wood that carried just short of the green, hopped to the green, and rolled into the hole. Just put him down for a two!
ai43.photobucket.com_albums_e364_silvergto_P1000085.jpg

This is just a closer picture to show the obstacles that his second shot had to avoid. A creek crosses the fairway about forty yards in front of the green; and the bunkers to the right of the green are self explanatory.
ai43.photobucket.com_albums_e364_silvergto_P1000086.jpg

Wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that's pretty darn impressive!

Oh wait, oh wait. Anyone can take pictures and say they did it! Pff! :D

Now that's pretty darn impressive!

Oh wait, oh wait. Anyone can take pictures and say they did it! Pff! :D

Read the post, Jeff. I'm only the messenger. :emot-ange I didn't even see it personally; but there are five others who say they did.

I do take nice pictures, though...don't I? ;)

Read the post, Jeff. I'm only the messenger. :emot-ange I didn't even see it personally; but there are five others who say they did.

I do take nice pictures, though...don't I? ;)

Of course you do, I believe he did it, and I only said that in jest. :D

Damn. I wouldn't even make it to the bend.

My bro has had a double eagle. 490 yard par 5 that plays closer to 530ish.

Sad thing is that I watched the thing drop into the cup from the next hole running parallel. Damn him to hell.

My bro has had a double eagle. 490 yard par 5 that plays closer to 530ish.

Sad thing is that I watched the thing drop into the cup from the next hole running parallel. Damn him to hell.

GASP! You jealous little bitch.:D

GASP! You jealous little bitch.:D

Yeah, thats me alright. Took up the game seriously at 14 because he thought it would be ''a bit of fun''... Now he plays off 2, has 4 club championships and 2 district championships under his belt and is one of the most consistent players in the district.

El Bastardo! :D

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427