• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Playing the US

Bama Duffer

Reaction score
I think my earlier post on this topic must have been absorbed into the cosmos.

Over the past few years, I have developed a desire to play golf on at least one course in every state in the US. A friend of mine calls in "capturing" states. May not be much of a dream, but you gotta have one, right?

Anyway, I've been posting my progress here. A couple of weeks ago I was in Monterey, CA, and managed to play twice. Once at Del Monte, which is part of the Pebble Beach courses, although not on the complex and not on the water. Oldest course in continuous use west of the Mississippi. Very well maintained course, well run and nice lay-out.

I also played Pacific Grove, a municipal course. The back nine is right on the Pacific. The front nine were nice, but they had done chemical damage to the greens, which were horrible. Probably the worst I've ever played on. Strangely, they did no damage to the greens on the back nine, which were great.

I didn't get to play Pebble, although I had a beer or two watching the groups on 18.

I've now played golf in 18 states (which are listed in my signature), and will soon capture Nevada, weather permitting.

Ditto. Cheeseland is loaded with quality golf. If you have the dough ray me, you can play a number of world class courses within an hour of Milwaukee. There's a number of more reasonably priced tracks that are also worth the trip.

Kevin

I think my earlier post on this topic must have been absorbed into the cosmos.

Over the past few years, I have developed a desire to play golf on at least one course in every state in the US. A friend of mine calls in "capturing" states. May not be much of a dream, but you gotta have one, right?

Anyway, I've been posting my progress here. A couple of weeks ago I was in Monterey, CA, and managed to play twice. Once at Del Monte, which is part of the Pebble Beach courses, although not on the complex and not on the water. Oldest course in continuous use west of the Mississippi. Very well maintained course, well run and nice lay-out.

I also played Pacific Grove, a municipal course. The back nine is right on the Pacific. The front nine were nice, but they had done chemical damage to the greens, which were horrible. Probably the worst I've ever played on. Strangely, they did no damage to the greens on the back nine, which were great.

I didn't get to play Pebble, although I had a beer or two watching the groups on 18.

I've now played golf in 18 states (which are listed in my signature), and will soon capture Nevada, weather permitting.
That's a lofty goal. I just met a guy who does long-haul trucking all over the US, and keeps a set of clubs with him. He plays every chance he can when on the road, and is amassing quite a set of souvenir golf balls from various states. I'd love to play a round in every state, but unless I was retired (and wealthy) I don't think it would be possible.

My current state list is pretty weak:

CA, FL, GA, MN, MD, NV, SC, TN, TX, WI

Hit me up when you're in New Mexico. I'll show you a few amazing courses.

Jeff--

I've got a very good friend in New Mexico (the guy I'm playing with in Nevada in a couple of weeks as a matter of fact). We've played Twin Warriors, Marty Sanchez, and the University of New Mexico Golf Course. We also played another course somewhere on a reservation somewhere outside of Santa Fe, but the name escapes me. Nice courses out your way.

I'll have to hit Wisconsin at some point. Looking forward to it.

wow i am shocked not to see MN on that list! We have got some courses that will blow your mind! I would gladly pm you as many as you want

that is really cool...I don't think I would ever travel enough to get it done...I have a long list....SC, NC and recently added GA :laugh:

Jason

I have wisconsin, and new york...soon to be florida hopefully but probably not untill next year sometime.

Maybe I can hit Minnesota and Wisconsin on the same trip.

I've been to Minnesota a couple of times (before I started trying to play everywhere), but I've never been to Wisconsin. A friend had a meeting in Milwaukee a few years back and had a great time, though.

That's a lofty goal. I just met a guy who does long-haul trucking all over the US, and keeps a set of clubs with him. He plays every chance he can when on the road, and is amassing quite a set of souvenir golf balls from various states. I'd love to play a round in every state, but unless I was retired (and wealthy) I don't think it would be possible.

My current state list is pretty weak:

CA, FL, GA, MN, MD, NV, SC, TN, TX, WI

that would be great hobby for a pilot. great way to spend layover days.

Jeff--

I've got a very good friend in New Mexico (the guy I'm playing with in Nevada in a couple of weeks as a matter of fact). We've played Twin Warriors, Marty Sanchez, and the University of New Mexico Golf Course. We also played another course somewhere on a reservation somewhere outside of Santa Fe, but the name escapes me. Nice courses out your way.

Towa, most likely. PLaying a 2 day tournament there in 2 weeks.

My list is weaker than Racers...

Wisconsin
Illinois
Texas

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters