• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Possible changes to WITB for 08

KNP

Reaction score
I'm thinking of dropping my Powerbilt 3+ 12.5* and Powerbilt 21* hybrid, the 3W is hard to hit mainly cause it's such a strong loft for a 3W, the 21* is a great club but not enough of a gap between that and my 3 iron.

In their place I'm planning on getting two Cleveland HALO hybrids a 14* and a 19*, the 14* would replace my 3W and the 19* my 21*. The reason I'm thinking of these clubs is cause I can get them both online, new, for half the price they sell for in retail stores.

What I was wanting to know is should I be able to hit the 14* the same distance as a normal 3W given that the head on a hybrid is so much smaller? How much further is the 19* likely to go over the 21* currently in my bag?

The reason I like the idea of hybrids as opposed to fairway woods is because the hybrids are easier to hit out of tricky lies.

Does anyone out there have a similar set up?

All comments and thoughts welcome.

Kim

Go traditional. Get a low profile 15* 3wood (adams, r7 steel etc.) and a 19* hybrid that you like. The extra loft and low profile face will make the 3wood very easy to hit.

i play a 14* hybrid in place of a 3w and it works just fine. the smaller head wouldn't account for less distance than a 3w, it would be the shorter shaft, however i feel that with that shorter shaft i'm hitting the ball on the screws better which is giving me better distance on a more continuous basis

i play a 14* hybrid in place of a 3w and it works just fine. the smaller head wouldn't account for less distance than a 3w, it would be the shorter shaft, however i feel that with that shorter shaft i'm hitting the ball on the screws better which is giving me better distance on a more continuous basis

Thanks for the feedback, it's nice to hear other points of view before making a decision like this as I don't have the money to be throwing away on clubs that don't serve the purpose.

Any idea of the distance difference between my current 21* and the 19* I'm thinking of getting?

Thanks for the feedback, it's nice to hear other points of
view before making a decision like this as I don't have the money to be throwing away on clubs that don't serve the purpose.

Any idea of the distance difference between my current 21* and the 19* I'm thinking of getting?

hm.. saying that they had similar shaft types and lengths is say 12-15 yards.

hm.. saying that they had similar shaft types and lengths is say 12-15 yards.

19* is stiff, my current 21* is regular, length would be comparable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520