• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Possibly stupid question...

BigJim13

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a set of Hogans that require .355 Taper tip shafts. I have recently installed DG SL S300 shafts into them. My question is can I tip trim Taper tip shafts? For instance could I pull the shafts cut 1/2" off the tip and reinstall them? I dont think its possible but wasnt sure... Thanks!!!

you're right, not possible

you can hard-step them if you want to stiffen them up a bit (put the 4 iron shaft in the 3 iron, 5 iron shaft in the 4 iron, ......PW shaft into the 9 iron, etc)

you can also have them drilled out to .370 and then put whatever you'd like in them

As Rick pointed out, you can hard-step them. Remove the shafts and move the 9-iron shaft into the 8-iron... and progress on through the set that way. You will end up short one shaft. You'll need to order another shaft for your PW because you moved it up, into your 9.

You indicate they are already installed. That means, as you move them up, they will leave the clubs short the length of the incerments between clubs. Your 8-iron will become the same length as your 9 is now. But, you were talking about snipping a 1/2" off them anyways.

I would, certainly, advise the hard-stepping procedure over drilling out for the parallel tips. But, if you have a skilled, certified clubmaker in your area with the proper tools that is an option. It is not a job for the home handyman!!!

Good luck!!!!

But, if you have a skilled, certified clubmaker in your area with the proper tools that is an option. It is not a job for the home handyman!!!/quote]

good points - one of those things i would leave to a professional

it shouldn't be too difficult to pick up an extra wedge shaft locally if you go the hard-step route

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520