• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ProV1 vs ProV1x

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried the ProV1 a year ago and didn't have the SS to compress it for any distance. Is the ProV1x better for a 100 mph ss? I haven't had any problem getting distance from a Cally HX Tour or Bridgestone B330.

I'd like to try the ProV1x if you guys think it works better for hackers. (Does it hold up as good as the ProV1 also?).. :D

The X is better for guys who swing harder and generate more spin.

I prefer the original.

its the opposite. harder, and less spin. try an hx-tour 56, or b330-s. both spin more, and are slightly softer.

So the ProV1x is "harder" then the ProV1 and shorter (for hackers)? :) Maybe I won't try the ProV1 again since I didn't like it. :D

pro V1- softer, spins more, lil less distance
pro V1x- Slightly harder, bigger(less dimples), spins less, more distance.

I found the 1x a little easier to hit strait off the tee as it spins less, but the regular one is easier to stop around the greens. At my level though, i don't have a consistent enough swing for it to really matter so im happy playing either(and i do).

I like the new Pro V1X,its perfect in everyway and I don't hit the ball that hard with a driver,105ish

i'm using prov1x right now w/ ss of 105mph. plenty of distance, avg. about 270yds. i get enough spin on the ball to check around the green w/ aggressive chipping. also mid iron full swing (sometimes even w/ 3i or 4i) or shots further than 75yd will have the ball check up on the green and stop after a hop or two. however, w/ prov1 stops faster and more likely to back up.

My driver swing speed is in the high 90s now and I enjoy playing both balls, tbh. I don't find any real drop in distance with the V1x, but then I don't get the gains I would if I had a higher speed. I do find it one of the straightest balls I hit though. I usually use a Nike One Platinum as I find it a good 'best of both worlds' ball, but if I'm playing a short course that'll have lots of wedges onto the green I sometimes break out a V1 and if it's a tight course I occassionally break out a V1x.

My driver swing speed is in the high 90s now and I enjoy playing both balls, tbh. I don't find any real drop in distance with the V1x, but then I don't get the gains I would if I had a higher speed. I do find it one of the straightest balls I hit though. I usually use a Nike One Platinum as I find it a good 'best of both worlds' ball, but if I'm playing a short course that'll have lots of wedges onto the green I sometimes break out a V1 and if it's a tight course I occassionally break out a V1x.

i agree w/ you. i love playing w/ nike one balls. excellent feel, nice distance. probably middle of v1 and v1x perhaps? i play prov1x cuz i have collected quite a few past few months playing at different courses w/ deep roughs and what not, and i haven't been losing balls much either..

Regular flavor V1 for me. Nike balls all feel "hard" to me.

Last week partner in league got the first birdie. No one had gotten the $20/week for the last few weeks. Partners split the money. He won $140 so I got handed $70 tonight at league and plunked it down for a dozen ProV1x's. Will be using them to try to beat sssmokin tomorrow night!! :D

pro V1- softer, spins more, lil less distance
pro V1x- Slightly harder, bigger(less dimples), spins less, more distance.

I found the 1x a little easier to hit strait off the tee as it spins less, but the regular one is easier to stop around the greens. At my level though, i don't have a consistent enough swing for it to really matter so im happy playing either(and i do).

What he said. :laugh:

Compared to the Pro-V1, I find the Pro-V1x as hard as a rock. Actually next to a Flying Lady it is one of the hardest balls I have ever hit. I like a soft ball for around the greens. Not that I have really played the Flying Lady much, but after running out of golf balls on the 18th hole one day I asked my wife for a water ball and she pulled out about 5. The Flying Lady immediately caught my eye in thinking that I deserved no better in that round. I was amazed how hard that ball was when I hit it. How in the world can that be considered a Ladies ball.

Compared to the Pro-V1, I find the Pro-V1x as hard as a rock. Actually next to a Flying Lady it is one of the hardest balls I have ever hit. I like a soft ball for around the greens. Not that I have really played the Flying Lady much, but after running out of golf balls on the 18th hole one day I asked my wife for a water ball and she pulled out about 5. The Flying Lady immediately caught my eye in thinking that I deserved no better in that round. I was amazed how hard that ball was when I hit it. How in the world can that be considered a Ladies ball.

I don't think the 1X feels too hard, its definitely a higher compression ball. Maybe you don't swing hard enough to compress the ball properly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520