• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ProV1 vs ProV1x

I actually prefer the ProV1x versus the ProV1, I spin the ball enough, so the lower spin version suits me better. I find that it does feel a bit firmer than the regular ProV, but it's not hard by any stretch. I was still able to stop the ball quickly on the green.

I don't think the 1X feels too hard, its definitely a higher compression ball. Maybe you don't swing hard enough to compress the ball properly.
I am sure that is the reason, and the main reason I mentioned that I thought it felt hard. I also only use ones I find on the course as I will not pay that much for a golf ball. I have also taken alot off my swing on my woods in the last year for consistency, so while it was around 103mph starting the year, it is now down to about the 95 range.

I just couldn't see the ball being suited for my game even if I still swung at 105. Although if I could justify spending the money, the Pro-V1 and some of the Callaways are my top choices. The Pro-V1x would not even make the list and I am hesitant to even use ones I find for lack of feel.

My main determinant for liking a ball is softness around the greens, and I think the Pro-V1x is designed more with swing speed in mind, and not short game. So even the cover feels much different to me due to ball design, even though they are likely the same cover???

Last week partner in league got the first birdie. No one had gotten the $20/week for the last few weeks. Partners split the money. He won $140 so I got handed $70 tonight at league and plunked it down for a dozen ProV1x's. Will be using them to try to beat sssmokin tomorrow night!! :D

You paid $70 for a dozen golf balls?!?!?!?!?:ugly25:

This thread is making me feel much better about my $12 Strata Tour Pro's.

If you are ever in the area, and playing my home course, make sure to let me know. I always love following guys hitting Pro-V1's:laugh:

I like the v1 better when it's cold out. I like the v1x when its hot like now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520