• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Puerto Rico Vacation Pics

Great Pictures Eracer!!! My wife was actually thinking she may have to go to Puerto Rico as her company does some business out that way. Although it was supposed to be later this week, that fell through and she is in Atlanta. Interestingly enough as a result we will be down in Orlando the first week in March. We setup for the weekend through Tuesday for a golf package through the Marriott and will be playing Grande Pines and Hawks landing Saturday thru Monday as a twosome (hopefully O.K. courses, but since we had little time to plan it seemed good), then playing with people from her work on Tuesday. Then Tuesday thru Friday we will be at the Peabody and I will likely be searching for a round on my own as she will be with her work.

Not sure if any of that would fit into your schedule or Tim's?? We already set up times for the first 3 days as a twosome, Tuesday is likely out, but Wednesday and Thursday should be open for just me. Let me know if you guys are available, and sorry for the short notice should it not work out. Seems like I just missed a chance at the April outing.

I have a three day job that will either be Feb. 26-28, or March 5-7. I should know soon. If it's in Feb., then I could take Thursday, Mar. 4 off and play in Orlando. Friday would be better, but Thursday is OK.

Orange County National would be my choice. Or Champion's Gate for a bit less demanding round. (OCN can be tough, but it is a great golf course). I'm pretty sure Tim works on Thursday, and has a tough time taking the day off, but I'll let him answer that. Maybe Crossfire or Sandwedge will be available?

I have a three day job that will either be Feb. 26-28, or March 5-7. I should know soon. If it's in Feb., then I could take Thursday, Mar. 4 off and play in Orlando. Friday would be better, but Thursday is OK.

Orange County National would be my choice. Or Champion's Gate for a bit less demanding round. (OCN can be tough, but it is a great golf course). I'm pretty sure Tim works on Thursday, and has a tough time taking the day off, but I'll let him answer that. Maybe Crossfire or Sandwedge will be available?
We will be catching an early flight on Friday morning, so unfortunately that wouldn't be an option. I really know little about any of the courses there, so should you be available I will leave the choice up to you. I should also mention that I will have a rental car and my GPS, so anywhere within say 1 to 1 1/2 hours or so from the Peabody in Orlando would be fine with me. It doesn't have to be in Orlando. It looks like it is on International drive and here is the location if that helps. Hotels Near Convention Center & Four-Star Accommodations — The Peabody Orlando

It is also no rush on knowing, so take your time. It is highly unlikely I will make any other plans for those days until I am down there anyways. I figured I would be getting in at least the 3-4 earlier rounds, so even sitting in a hotel in Orlando or beating around the city has to be better than sitting in my living room up here watching the ice melt. Also the times really do not matter to me either, if I have the opportunity I will be meeting up with my wife and the people she works with for dinner when the meetings are over on Thursday, but if given the choice between swinging clubs or eating dinner with my wife and associates then I can eat with my wife anytime. :)

Just let me know, and if things don't pan out and you end up working, it would appear that Orlando now seems to be their top area for yearly retreats. Just sad it didn't happen in April as it appears many of the people will be down that way.

I wouldn't say that PR is heaven, but it has some nice places. Like Doc said, "nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there."

Old San Juan is a great liberty port, I love it down there. Wouldn't want to live there but it's a great place to visit.

Did you tour the fort, El Morro? Cool place, first part of the fort was built before 1500. Very impressive from the water too. A friend of mine has a kayak tour business down there and he took me out in the harbor past the fort. Awesome view looking up at El Morro.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520