• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

putter grip removal

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Reaction score
I want to cut my putter down to 34" and possibly get a tour lock backweight. I tried to remove the grip with air so I could at least cut it down today, but it was put on with solvent. The cap started to come off the grip so I stopped. Does anyone have a solution besides going to the shop and picking up a new grip? This one is brand new. It's a winn by the way.

If I run into a grip that won't come off on the first try or splits/cracks I just give in and re-grip. Grips aren't that expensive and I don't want to waste a whole lot of time on a stubborn one. I usually have a spare putter grip or two of the grip I normally use in my supplies anyway.

Life is too short for drinking bad wine and warm beer. :D

Edit: I just had this happen when I re-gripped three of my putters. I was changing them from Winn AVS Excel grips to a Winn oversize paddle grip so hoped to save the grips, they were like new. I only saved one in the process, the other two I couldn't blow off even with about 85 psi from the old compressor.

Ugh, thats not what I wanted to hear. :D I'm too lazy to go to the 20 minutes to Dicks lousy grip selection and back. Maybe I'll give it another try in a while.

When I've ran into a grip that won't come off I use a screwdriver and try and shove it under the grip and go all the way around. The only thing is this is with iron grips so it might hurt the soft Winn.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520