• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Putter Technology

ES13Raven

Reaction score
What are your opinions of the Guerin Rife Two Bar putters with their: rollgroove technology, 4 point stability weighting, lieallign fitting system, and adjustable speed weighting features?

They made the Golf Digest 2006 Hot List, won "best-of-the-best" in Rankmark's putter test 6/29/06, and have the PGA Partners Club Member Tested Seal of Approval.

Are they a bunch of hype, or improved technology?

http://www.2barputter.com/

Does it sink putts? Then it's a good putter for someone.

Asking someone's opinion on a putter is like buying them underwear. What works for one won't work for another.

I've read reviews on the Rife, it seems to be the real deal to somebody.

R35

If you have a Golfsmith in your area, you can demo them to see if they are too your liking. They started selling them a few months ago. I personally did not care for the putter and need something with a softer insert, but can see how adjustable weights could interest me in a putter.

Rockford35 said:
Asking someone's opinion on a putter is like buying them underwear. What works for one won't work for another.
I know putters are personal preference as far as feel, but I was referring to the technology that it has and whether it makes a difference or is just hype.

The rollgroove technology is what interests me the most, as it is supposed to get the ball rolling forward much sooner than regular putters. Taylormade and Yes have also adopted similar grooved putter faces for the same effect.

performance_lft.gif

I personally believe that feel is a function of the Indian rather than the arrow.
IMO, seeing the line is much more important. I think the two/three ball putters are proof of that. Many people have had just as much success with $39.95 two balls as others have had with the more expensive versions. A well stroked ball peen hammer on a putter shaft will give good results if you are properly aligned when the the ball is struck.

I will agree, though, that it is sometimes easier to search for a putter that matches your stroke than it is to change your stroke to match the putter.

ES13Raven said:
I know putters are personal preference as far as feel, but I was referring to the technology that it has and whether it makes a difference or is just hype.

The rollgroove technology is what interests me the most, as it is supposed to get the ball rolling forward much sooner than regular putters. Taylormade and Yes have also adopted similar grooved putter faces for the same effect.

performance_lft.gif

Well, Guerin isn't gonna come out and say "Our technology is on par with everyone else", now are they.

You're best bet is to try one. And, if you like it, buy one and use it forever.

There's no way that someone's opinion on a golf forum should create favour for a putter. A driver maybe, irons, could happen. But a putter is so personal, you can't do it.

"My Odyssey White Hot #2 is the best putter on the market, hands down. It's White Hot insert, although dated, is still light years ahead of it's competitors in terms of feel, confidence and assurance."

You gonna go buy one off e-bay now?

You see where I'm going with this.

Good luck in your search,

R35

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters