• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Putting my bag together

Koontzy

Reaction score
Well I posted awhile back about starting into Golf... I ended up sticking with my little 75 dollar set, and did fairly well with it..

Well I started building my set yesterday....I bought my iron set.. a 3-pw of Cleveland CG gold set.... I got it brand new for only $269 bucks at a golf shop nearby...

I shot the 6 iron from it, a set of Nike , and the cg red set, also shot a Taylormade set also.

the cg gold felt really good, and I was consitantly putting the 6 iron down the middle and carrying the shot around 158 yards.... Not bad I believe, also wasnt hitting at full speed IMO...

so I got my irons, not I am starting the wedges and drivers and woods..

I will also get some hybrids, but those will be last on my list I believe.

I have been looking at the bargain bin and used clubs at global golf... I see they have a 9.99 and a 19.99 section, so i might look into there..

what would you recommend I do to finish it up? what should I look for in the clubs I need??

are the cg gold clubs good clubs?

thanks

Cleveland makes a very nice product, and frankly, if you really like them, I wouldn't even ASK other people what they think. Sometimes people form opinions for very silly reasons. It's clear that they work better for you than everything else you tried, so kudos! Especially at that price!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520