• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Question about hybrid, and such...

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
Reaction score
Okay..

So I had 3 pairs of pants I bought for $4 bucks a pop off the internet from dicks, returned them for a grand total of $130 bucks.

I exchanged them for a Burner Rescue 3.. 19*.. Stiff shaft, yadda yadda..

Not bad for $12 outta my pocket.

In any case.. I normally carry a driver, a 3 and a 5 wood. My 5 Wood is a r7, and it's 18*.. So I figured with this 19* Hybrid, I don't need my 5 wood anymore.. 1* of loft isn't a huge difference. Although the shaft on the hybrid is a good few inches shorter.. What will that do?

My 3 wood is 15* by the way..

So, after doing this, I have no need for my 5 wood in the bag, correct?

Should I keep my 3i? or ditch that too? My 3i is 22*..

The way TM has their hybrids labeled seems wrong to me.. Their 4 Hybrid says 22*, which is what my 3i is..

I'm confused a ****, and I don't want any large gaps, but I don't want my bag cluttered with "multiple" clubs.

Any help?

I would think that the hybrid would tend to be about 5-10 yards shorter than your five wood, given the slightly less loft and shorter shaft. That'd be my guess.

And pay no attention to what the maker says when it comes to hybrids replacing irons. Usually, I figure that what they say is a 4 iron, replaces a 3 iron distance wise. My general rule of thumb. If you want to use the 19, it'll probably work to dump the 5 wood and keep the 3 iron. Distance wise, anyways.

I guess dicks dont require a receipt to return stuff

I'd say keep them both if can. Like Clug said, the 19* is going to be a lot closer to the 5W.

It's going make for some interesting decisions. Hit the 20cap hybrid or the 2cap 3iron.
icon10.gif

Okay..

So I had 3 pairs of pants I bought for $4 bucks a pop off the internet from dicks, returned them for a grand total of $130 bucks.

So.... you you stole $118 worth of merchandise. Kudos (he says in the most sarcastic tone possible).

And we used to wonder why the prices of all the other merchandise are so high. Well wonder no more. Dick's won't just lie back and take this loss. The prices of everything will go up just a little. Sure, $112 one time isn't a big loss to a giant company like Dick's. But, if more and more people do this, the prices that us honest people pay will keep going up.

I hope the mods delete this thread. Posting this kind of trash reflects quite, quite poorly on this forum.

....i'm a former Dick's Employee lol.

my store wouldn't take returns without a receipt, and you aren't supposed to be able to return online items to stores.

Dick's Sporting Goods

....so whether or not your moral compass is "flawed"....the manager at the store you went to is a dumbS**t

So.... you you stole $118 worth of merchandise. Kudos (he says in the most sarcastic tone possible).

And we used to wonder why the prices of all the other merchandise are so high. Well wonder no more. Dick's won't just lie back and take this loss. The prices of everything will go up just a little. Sure, $112 one time isn't a big loss to a giant company like Dick's. But, if more and more people do this, the prices that us honest people pay will keep going up.

I hope the mods delete this thread. Posting this kind of trash reflects quite, quite poorly on this forum.

Dude, posting so offensively doesn't exactly reflect well on yourself, :)

That said, Dick's should've had their ducks in a row, and wouldn't have killed FAT to mention the issue. Double fault.

Yeah, I totally agree.. Now watch me roll my eyes.

Get off your high horse superman.. If you didn't have an answer to my question, then pass along.

It doesn't hurt them.. The same way I bought 2 pairs of running shoes from them, put them in the closet for 2 months. The reciept was "no good" when I wanted to return it, and instead I was given the "lowest found price" in their computer.. I ended up having to keep a pair, because if I returned it, I would have lost the cost total, of a pair of the shoes.

....i'm a former Dick's Employee lol.

my store wouldn't take returns without a receipt, and you aren't supposed to be able to return online items to stores.

Dick's Sporting Goods

....so whether or not your moral compass is "flawed"....the manager at the store you went to is a dumbS**t

News to me... I've bought online and returned to stores plenty of times. I think it's good business to do so. I was never aware they deal seperate from online to B&M.

I've done this at probably 4 stores, in 3 different states, so I wonder if it's not something common?

Clugnut,

Thanks for the info.

I was thinking the same way.. I kept the 3i in the bag, and took out the 5wood.

I never used the 5 much anyways, but today I played with the rescue, and it really helped me on the long par 5's, and ironically, one duffed drive on a long par 4.

I even used it off the tee once, and it wasn't as bad as I thought.

I definately hit this better than my 5wood, and have more control I think of it, than my 3i. The trajectory was just an awesome boring flight, and today with the hurricane bands tossing some rain and insane winds our way, the punch shots were important!

I realize that I was taking a risk in posting it. But, this sort of thing just makes me so mad.

And what good are having morals if someone doesn't speak up and say that this kind of thing is wrong. So, I guess I am saying that I have morals, and I'm going to speak up and say that this is wrong. Very wrong. I don't care if it is from a big company or a from an individual -- stealing is stealing. Period.

Why is it ok to do this is any entity? Big company or little? If I had a scheme to steal $112 from FAT or anyone else, would that be okay? How is it any different to steal money from a company than from an individual person? What if it was $1000 or $10000 or $100000 -- when does it go from being "ok" to "wrong"? It isn't a question of magnitude -- it is a question of taking things that don't rightly belong to you.

And, it does come back to hurt all of us in the end. All the prices go up. How is this fair to anybody else?

I don't care how bad some of you may think it makes me look. I'm pointing out how wrong these actions were and calling a duck a duck. This is stealing. No other word for it. And it is really sad that anyone would think that these actions are even remotely acceptable. What ever happened to just plain honesty? Whatever happened to earning a fair paycheck for a fair amount of work? Why is it acceptable to screw all the rest of us for your personal gain? Why should I pay extra for items at Dicks just because you made off with some money you stole?

It isn't like it was even an honest mistake on the part of Dick's. It isn't like some $500 driver was accidentally marked down to $250. Or some employee forgot to ring up an item before putting it in the bag. This was a 100% deliberate scheme to steal money from a company.
I'm sorry if the truth is ugly -- but this is stealing. There is no other way to put it. And it really sickens me that anyone would think that in anyway whatsoever that it is ok.

Seriously, FAT, if I conned you out of $112, how would you feel about that? Say I offered a club for sale in the classified section here -- describing it as "almost brand new" and was asking $200 for it. Maybe I even put up pictures. You bought it, and open the box and it had clearly been used quite a lot. The pictures were either old or of a very different club. You ask your favorite local shop how much it is worth and they say it's worth $80 at the most. I just ripped you off for $120. Is that ok? Wouldn't you be angry about how I misrepresented the club?

And if you would be upset, how is it any different to misrepresent some pants to a store? Stealing is stealing, it doesn't matter from where.

And if you wouldn't be upset, then I really don't want to live anywhere near any part of your world. Because then there are no rules and no morality at all. Everyone is out to screw everyone else always. And, while there is some of that out there today, I think that most people are fairly honest and while may not be actively thinking about helping society as a whole, aren't out to screw over as many different people as possible.

So, again, I'm sorry if the truth hurt or upsets you. But, it is stealing. It is no different than breaking into a bank vault or holding someone up at gunpoint. It is stealing. It is stealing from anyone else who ever buys anything else at Dick's. It is stealing from any employee who loses hours because Dick's doesn't want to lose as much money. It is stealing from any employee who loses health insurance or other benefits because Dick's is cutting costs because of the losses. It is stealing from all these people.

Obviously this particular store either doesn't have a policy against it or is just too ignorant to figure it out. I think Dick's will manage to survive just fine. Relax & let it go, completely asinine to get all worked up over this.

I'm totally onboard with Bignose here.

FatCity, if you don't want people making a judgement of your moral character (or lack of one) then don't make the first line of your post a soapbox for your cleverness at stealing money from a store.

You want comments on your golf clubs, fine. But you stole money. Why would you feel the need to tell us that? Do you want to be complimented on your cleverness?

And having told us how you stole money from Dick's, how could you NOT expect negative comments?

From up on my high horse...

Obviously this particular store either doesn't have a policy against it or is just too ignorant to figure it out. I think Dick's will manage to survive just fine. Relax & let it go, completely asinine to get all worked up over this.

See, I think that this is some of the problem, too. I think it's been completely asinine that there hasn't been more reaction to this.

What does it take to get a reaction?

What if someone had come on here crowing about how they stole $112 from Goodwill or The Salvation Army? Or what if they had stole $112 by pickpocketing someone? Or how about how they got $112 from the pawn shop by stealing someone else's bag from the bag drop and selling them?

I don't care if Dick's can survive or not. That's not really the point of my comments. The point of my comments are about the morality of theft. There is a spectrum of morality about theft. If your family is starving and you steal a loaf of bread to feed them, I can understand that. But, there is no understanding that goes with intentionally ripping off a store of $112 so you can buy golf clubs. None whatsoever.

The morality of the issue doesn't change whether that $112 represented the entire life savings of a 10 year old kid who worked that last 3 years on a paper route every morning to earn it, or if it was from Tiger Woods who earns $112 every time he scratches his nose. It was $112 that was not yours, and you deliberately schemed to steal it from some entity.

Just saying it's "asinine to get all worked up over it" is basically saying it is OK. And, I want to firmly say that I think that it really isn't OK. That is it morally wrong.

And more people need to speak up so that maybe, just maybe, people will look at their actions and reconsider them. Just dismissing it because "Dick's can survive without it" is the easy way out. I knew that this would get some heated responses, but I also know that someone has to speak up or else things will never change. And, if maybe, just maybe, it changes just one person's actions in the future -- where they will realize that stealing is wrong no matter who they steal from -- and that their stealing does have consequences to many people -- then it was worth bringing up.

Dismissing it and not talking about it is pretty much the coward's way out. Speaking up and expressing everything that is wrong about what was done is the way to maybe, just maybe, get people to think about what they did and why it was wrong and all the people it does affect.

Sure, I fully agree that $112 in the big scheme of things is a puny amount. But, as a people we need to speak up about more things that are morally wrong. Stuff like how the CEOs of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac take in big giant bonuses/salaries even while their advisers are telling them that they are taking on dangerous loans and running their companies into the ground. In the meanwhile, Congress is approving millions of dollars every year for Fannie and Freddie, and Fannie and Freddie are contributing money back to the Congress members' reelection funds. Basically, Congress is taking our taxpayer dollars, putting them into failing programs, and getting money for their reelection funds out of the deal. This is morally wrong, too, and needs to be called as such. But, basis of doing things that are morally right starts at home in our daily lives. It starts with pointing out things that are wrong, and doing what is right in our daily lives. If we all live morally right lives, society as a whole will be much happier, and just a better place to live. Sure, it isn't going to be easy, but it is a goal I think that is worth pursuing.

My point is, it's not worth the trouble to be bitching about it on a golfing website, you won't change the world & getting upset & ranting about how morally corrupt someone is wasting your time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520