• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Question for the experts...

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What brand microwave do you have? Would you recommend that brand? Have you had particularly good or particularly bad experiences with a certain brand.

Our microwave blew up yesterday after about 15 years in our kitchen. Started smoking. I grabbed it and carried it out to the driveway. May put a tin can full of bolts/nails in it. Run an extension cord. Plug it in and turn on at midnight Sunday night. See if we can have our own New Years Eve fireworks show!!! :D

We've had a GE for about 15 years and the turntable finally quit working. We'll be in the market for a new one as well.

We've had a GE for about 15 years and the turntable finally quit working. We'll be in the market for a new one as well.
Ours was a Kenmore. It was a 2.2 cubic feet. The wife wanted one large enough to accommodate 9 X 13 dishes. Don't know that we want/need one that large again. When we bought the Kenmore, the first one out of the box did not work. Sears would not make an exchange. They insisted another one was not available in the store and would not order a replacement. Sears sent it in to be repaired. Let a bad taste as to how that was handled. Now, Sears has closed the local store and Kenmore isn't an option. We were trying to remember just how old this one is. Our feeble minds decided it's 8 or 9 years old.
Reading reviews of the various brands on the internet is an adventure. Seems as if it's a roll of the dice. Most have extremely satisfied customers and then have those who have had bad experiences. Everything today is "throw away".

If this is sold in the US, get it. It’s the bomb.

LG Neo Chef 42L 1200W Inverter Microwave

ImageUploadedByShot Talk1514680414.002226.jpg

Last edited:
Spend the money and get a mid-high end one. Anything low end, regardless of brand is going to be a PITA.

Higher end, it doesn't really matter either, they're all pretty good IMO. Go mess with them and see what features they have that you will use. Buy the one you like best.

Bought a house two years ago with a built in GE. Works like a champ.
GE is what the one daughter has... and loves it. They installed it in 2009 and it's still working great.

Spend the money and get a mid-high end one. Anything low end, regardless of brand is going to be a PITA.

Higher end, it doesn't really matter either, they're all pretty good IMO. Go mess with them and see what features they have that you will use. Buy the one you like best.
Guess that's what we are doddling over. Seems high end or low end, they all are throw away after a few years. So, it appears as if the difference being the features you want/need. We were one of the last of our acquaintances to purchase a microwave. Ended up getting a Litton with turn dials in about 1985. When that one died, the only thing out there were those with electronic controls and "menus". I would almost bet any one of the microwaves we have owned has ever had the "defrost" or "popcorn" or any of the presets used. I just use the cycle time and always leave on 100% power. Wife will vary the power to defrost or warm things. If we could find an old Montgomery Ward microwave with turn dials... we'd probably grab it!!!:D
OTOH, if we can get 10 years out of the one we buy, the aides in the nursing home will probably be warming our oatmeal after that. If we could purchase a high end oven now and have it last somewhat longer than an el cheapo... would save us the bother of riding our electric scooter down to the Senior Center to use theirs!!!

I see the LG Neo Chef is available over here. Will research. Thanks!
My previous microwave crapped itself 6 months ago and the LG Neo Chef was its replacement. I did my due diligence beforehand. It looks the best out there. If you do get it, get the model with the optional dial/wheel (as pictured).

If this is sold in the US, get it. It’s the bomb.

LG Neo Chef 42L 1200W Inverter Microwave

View attachment 29728
Ordered an LG this afternoon. Not the exact one you recommended, but close. Should be here in a week to 10 days. Remember, if the wife isn't extremely please with it, she's on the next plane to the "bottom of the Earth"!!!:D

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520