• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

R7 425 TP

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahoy.

First some background information.
I am 19 years old, played to a 3 hdp last year finishing out the last month at near scratch. My weaknesses are my putting and shot iron play. Strengths were long irons, woods, and greenside play. I got a little haywire with the driver, but didnt kill me because i was always much farther, even if i was in the rough. Looked to ditch the game improvement clubs to further my learning and abilties in my goal of becoming a PGA Professional instructor. Tossed the massive 460cc Hibore in search of the most unforgiving driver i could find. Next, is the irons.

After a solid week of giving this bad boy a workout, i feel i am fit to deliver a review. Now, the specs.
-9.5 Head 1* Open set up 2 2's in the heel, and 2 14's in the toe
-Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 83g Stiff
-Lamkin Crossline Midsize

After the first trip to the range, was not impressed however it was raining and 31*, so i knew i'd lose some distance and such, so i took it with a grain of salt. Carrying about 240-250. Controlable fade, but couldnt work it back.
Snowed once, kept me in the basement putting for 2 days, took it out to the range once more. Came to life, high fades 270 carry, Some low rockets dead straight carrying about 250, but plugging due to the soggy conditions.

Took it today to the course, AWESOME. First hole 390yrd par 4 from the tips, set up for the natural fade ended up dead straight, so i missed center but was still in the right half of the fairway. Carry 295, zero roll.
Decided to get gutsy on #3, attempted a high draw around a dogleg guess what, it came out perfect. The rest of the round was somewhat boring, hit every fairway with high draws or dead perfect straight bombs. The one that sticks out is the #9 hole, 553 yd par 5 slightly downhill with some rolling hills from 270-350. Ended up driving the last hill, which the peak is about 325 out. Probably due to the small breeze, and the 20-25 foot alttitude drop, none the less i was stoked.

My only complaint, I probably should have got the X stiff blueboard, as this thing launches high, not nearly as much so as my Hibore, but i think i can handle the X with a SS of 115, Its a shame theyre $275 shafts, or i could reshaft it.

Thanks for reading my pointless review, hope somebody found it informative.

Is it an actual diamana shaft? or the diamana with tp graphics?

.....jw

Actual Diamana shaft, No graphics. It was a aftermarket job.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,420

eclark53520