• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

rainy Sunday observations

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Reaction score
I got to the course Sunday afternoon, with no real plans, so I got 2 buckets of balls and headed to the range. I had just set the buckets down when the lightning horn blew. Walk back up the hill to the clubhouse. :unhappy:

30 minutes later, the all clear blows. Walk back the the range, and happily the buckets of balls are still there. :cool:

Hit the balls while wearing my Tour Tempo player. Took me 1/2 a bucket to even get close to the slowest tempo. I guess my swing has gotten a little slower. This is something I really need to use more, as the ball striking got better.

So I walk up to the 1st tee, thinking I may play a few holes, as the weather is looking better. Nope. A 5 some just pulled up and proceeded to settle themselves around the blue tees. 4 guys in their 20s, and Pops. This course is only 6850 yards from the blues. I'm somewhat surprised they didn't select the 7280 yard blacks. maybe they didn't want to show off. :D

1st guy: skyball, re-tee, shank.
2nd guy: topped, re-tee, topped.
Pops: puts down half scarfed hot dog, 2 practice swings that look like something a Zombie would make, skyball, re-tee, pulled OB into the parking lot, hope my car is OK.

At this point I decide to just sit on the porch and watch the entertainment. :beach3:

3rd guy: pull hook goes about 150 yards down the fairway, then thinks better of it and joins its brethren in the woods. re-tee, topped.

I'm starting to see a pattern here. I wonder if they are related? :confused:

4th guy: makes a huge divot with the driver. divot actually goes a decent distance, considering how non-aerodynamic divots are. Ball not quite as long. re-tee, dribble.

Unfortunately, no one except me is present to witness this shining example of manly golfing prowess. I was tempted to applaud, but thought better of it. Instead I watched them pile into their carts and head in various directions to retrieve the errant Nike One Platinums.

Looking at my watch, I saw that there was only about 4 hours of daylight left, probably not enough to play 9 holes behind a 5 some, even ones as good as those. So I trudged back to my car. As I was putting my clubs in the trunk, I heard the lightning horn blow.........

Sounds like it could be me, my 3 sons, and my son in law after hoisting a few 12 oz. oat sodas then saying "hey, let's go to the golf course.":wink:

Doc,

I swear we must have been at the same course.. But it was yesterday.. Didn't have plans, so I trudged out to the course and decided to put my ipod on and waste a few hours at the range, or go play 9 or whatever I could before the rain.

2 hours later, I was tired and decided to chip/putt and work in the sand boxes... Then turned to the first tee and thought maybe I'd go out.. Nope... 4 carts on the 1st tee... 4 fathers and they all seemed to have brought their kids. While I thought it was cool for those little 4 and 6 year olds to get out there with their dads.. I was kinda pissed..

And I shit you not.. 29 minutes later, they finally drove away from the green. Not bad I guess if you figure it was 8 people playing. I just didn't have time for a 4.5 hour round for 9 holes... Luckily the thunder rumbled and it got dark and I decided to go home to eat...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520