• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ribbed Grip

This is a common argument among tour pros, beleive it or not about 50% use your method and 50% use the way I do it.

How do you work the ball demon? I just change my grip a bit and it releases the clubface more/less according to how i change my grip.

I'm with piper, for a fade anyawy.

As far as a ribbed grip, I think Ezra needs all the help he can get when it comes to his boyfriends.

How do you work the ball demon? I just change my grip a bit and it releases the clubface more/less according to how i change my grip.

My method or how I do it is hard to explain but I will try.

1st I line up square to where I want the ball to start, nothing open nothing closed. I then line up the club face to where I want my ball to end up. I then grip the club normally and take a normal shot at it. As long as i take a normal swing at it then it will go where I want it. Plus you can even hit high draws and low slices with it. My grip never changes, it is in my clubface that is rotating either open or closed and this is why i cannot play with a ribbed grip.

My method or how I do it is hard to explain but I will try.

1st I line up square to where I want the ball to start, nothing open nothing closed. I then line up the club face to where I want my ball to end up. I then grip the club normally and take a normal shot at it. As long as i take a normal swing at it then it will go where I want it. Plus you can even hit high draws and low slices with it. My grip never changes, it is in my clubface that is rotating either open or closed and this is why i cannot play with a ribbed grip.

This is what I do. I've tried the other way and must be too inconsistent as I had a difficult time with consistency. I just rotate the club toward where I want the ball to land.

This is what I do. I've tried the other way and must be too inconsistent as I had a difficult time with consistency. I just rotate the club toward where I want the ball to land.

Exactly, do what is best for you. I tried it the other way too when I was in high school and would only hit erratic shots due to the funkyness my body was in and it was just too strange of a feeling.

Its funny, I am at my in-laws house watching the Golf channel and it turns out that tiger uses the exact same method I use when he works the ball, except he does it better than i do of course. He lines up where he wants the ball to start and opens up his club face and hits a normal shot down his starting line.

Its funny, I am at my in-laws house watching the Golf channel and it turns out that tiger uses the exact same method I use when he works the ball, except he does it better than i do of course. He lines up where he wants the ball to start and opens up his club face and hits a normal shot down his starting line.

Umm.. OK. Otherwise known as opening your stance and manufacturing an out to in path. I hit a fade the same way, just hold off a bit on turning the head over. Opposite for a draw and let it turn all the way over.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520