• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Right to a desk

great story thanks for sharing it

Communism is alive and well. To use the school desk annalogy, the kids and thier parents these days are taking the desks out of the room and handing them over to communists willingly and without a fight.

Bingo.

A few handfuls of Jihadi's hiding in caves and hotel rooms plotting to kill Americans a few thousand at a time is more than a little different than a powerful military marching across Europe overthrowing and assimilating everything in its wake.

My comments here are not directed towards the quoted poster, he made a point and I am just adding to it...

While this is very true, it is still important to remember and honor the ones who gave some or all for their country, regardless of whether we agree with the war or not, regardless of whether it was in an all out world war or a conflict like Somalia or even something smaller.

Not to minimize the contributions of other countries but I don't live there and most of the comments we, as Americans, hear are how awful America is and how corrupt and evil we are and how hated across the globe we are.

Of course the tune changes when they need our help or aid from us of some sort...

It is certainly not my intentions to denigrate the sacrifices of other in the cause of freedom, yet as an American I will honor my country's vets first. Many realize Canadian, British, and Australian contribution in conflicts in the past..

I know that this may sound a little self-serving but thankyou Clug for remebering that Australia is a part of it all too. I know that we don't commit a huge number of troops towards the modern wars (gulf war etc.) but from a country that has less people than the entire city of New York, its stil something that we're very proud of.

So, thank you.

Communism is only in hibernation, Dub. The cost of freedom is eternal vigilance.....

Freedom costs a $1.05!!!! And if you don't throw in your $1.05 who will??? :laugh:

I know that this may sound a little self-serving but thankyou Clug for remebering that Australia is a part of it all too. I know that we don't commit a huge number of troops towards the modern wars (gulf war etc.) but from a country that has less people than the entire city of New York, its stil something that we're very proud of.

So, thank you.

Well, you're welcome, but thank you. We can kind of forget sometimes who did what sometimes. As far as participation goes, Australia has been the best ally that the US has had, from Vietnam to present. Plus, you never complain about anything. You just go kick ass, and come home. It says a lot about your people and country.

Speaking of Aussies... How's that sand storm working out? That looked NASTY!

Speaking of Aussies... How's that sand storm working out? That looked NASTY!

Yeah, not a bad effort at all, hey?

From this:
800px-sydney_opera_house_and_skyline.jpg
to this:
067358-sydney-sand-storm-.jpg

For the most part its just mainly been annoying for everyone with traffic jams in Sydney and a whole lot of dusting to do, but its also caused a mine cave-in. Apparently the guys are OK, but still not a pleasant experience...
800px-sydney_opera_house_and_skyline.jpg
067358-sydney-sand-storm-.jpg

Yeah, not a bad effort at all, hey?

From this:
View attachment 12727
to this:
View attachment 12728

For the most part its just mainly been annoying for everyone with traffic jams in Sydney and a whole lot of dusting to do, but its also caused a mine cave-in. Apparently the guys are OK, but still not a pleasant experience...
Wow...thats nuts...

Kinda like the snow here though...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35