• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Season Over (Handicap wise)

ezra76

Reaction score
Just entered my score from today online, an 84, and it had a message that the course is in "inactive" season. So that means it's all practice time now. Time to break out the crap balls and hit 'em and forgit 'em. I'm quite pleased though that the last review left me at an 8.9. Now I have to keep practicing so next year I can play to it.
icon10.gif

Yea Ez, thatll be the fun part, living up to it, then lowering it:D

My yaer ended at 1.4. Not too bad at all, my goal was to be 2-3 at this time. Met 3 outta 4 of my goals for the year. I cant wait to try and live up to my handicap;) itll be a show, thats for sure.

My goal was to be a 7 by this time, so I'm happy. In 2 years time I want to be off of scratch is now my goal, so to 3 by this time next year

Maybe i'll get a handicap next year. I was a 5.3 at the beginning of this year, and never got mine activated, but i definitely got better. I'm thinkin im somewhere between 2-4 now

All my home courses let the greens and fairways go a bit because it's futile to do otherwise, even though we can still play. All things considered, they are still in pretty good condition, but I never enter scores in the winter.

Leaving me, this year, at 2.7
Some really really nice below par scores, but majority at 2-3 over that kept it up.

my season like you ez ended at 8.9 since then ive only had time to play nines and have shot: +2 +3,-1,+1,+3,-2 for nine (all from the close tees). lol. oh well ill get down low at the start of next year. it just seemed like everything clicked and i could finally hit GIRs at the end of the season. with combined scores (alternate fron 9 and back 9) those are 75,70,71 (par 70). hell id be down to nearly a 6 with those 3 rounds.
gotta love ladies tees. atleast i can use the cold as my excuse.

Oh man, I wish I could use the ladies tees.

Difference is about 1200 yards and a couple hit-able greens.

how this work?

All my home courses let the greens and fairways go a bit because it's futile to do otherwise, even though we can still play. All things considered, they are still in pretty good condition, but I never enter scores in the winter.

Leaving me, this year, at 2.7
Some really really nice below par scores, but majority at 2-3 over that kept it up.

Im wondering Jeff, all my scores, only 2-3 were under par, and nothing better then -1... you said u have a couple really nice under par rounds (60s im guessing?) but ur handicap is almost a stroke and a half higher then mine? I dont get how that workds, u say u got majority 2-3 over par, with a couple low rounds, the majority of mine are par-3 over and 2 under par rounds of -1...

What a great golf season. This was first season back as a full time member since I was a junor many moons ago. Felt good to get back into golf in a serious way. I was able to get my cap down under 10 which was my goal for my first year back. And ended at a 9.1 so everything worked out for me. Have a good off season for those that are forced to hang up the hooks due to weather, like myself.

Im wondering Jeff, all my scores, only 2-3 were under par, and nothing better then -1... you said u have a couple really nice under par rounds (60s im guessing?) but ur handicap is almost a stroke and a half higher then mine? I dont get how that workds, u say u got majority 2-3 over par, with a couple low rounds, the majority of mine are par-3 over and 2 under par rounds of -1...

*shrug* Don't ask me. I know I entered a lot of scores this year that were in my main range. By a lot, I mean from May-August about 4 a week and since August another 2 a week.

Maybe it hasn't been fully updated, sometimes these guys are pretty slow on it.

UPDATE:

Just finally got revised this morning, new handicap is .6

Yikes.

UPDATE:

Just finally got revised this morning, new handicap is .6

Yikes.

Nice, where do you submit your scores for to obtain your handicap?

I just submit them at the course after the round, it takes about 2 minutes.

Had 4 months off with a bad back though.However,I am back to my being a genius and will be off +2 within 2 months.

cheers

Dave

Here is my last 12 months:

11/05:8.9
12/05:9.0
1/06:9.0
2/06: 9.2
3/06: 9.2
4/06: 9.0
5/06: 8.8
6/06: 8.2
7/06: 7.8
8/06: 7.1
9/06: 6.9
10/06: 6.7
11/06: 7.2

So I had some substantial improvement - particularly in the late summer, but I am inching back up lately...in the winter, I always go up a bit and I am expecting the same this year.

My next round is Sunday morning and if I can adjust to the greens, maybe I can break 80....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520