• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Simulator : Round 2

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Well, a few things came to light last night at the indoor center.

1. The new Mizuno wedge and the Mizuno Hybrid have a new place in my bag. Fantastic sticks, thanks Neal. The Fli Hi is absolutely outstanding from anywhere between 195 and 235. It just goes straight, plain and simple and because it's forged, it feels outstanding on every shot.

2. My driver is in fine form already. Awesome. It usually takes me a couple of weeks to get that bastard tuned. Not this year. I'm ahead of the game.

3. Simulators suck for lob wedges. I've been hitting lobs for 3 months now in my basement exactly as I would at the simulator, but it doesn't pick up the spin, nor the trajectory. C'est la vie....

4. Dry ribs rule when playing golf. Goes great with beer.

5. Even tho your waitress is hot and works in an indoor golf centre doesn't mean she knows anything about golf. Case in point: I hit a ball through the screen last night with my driver. It registered the ball speed at 178mph. The drive went 221. Anyways, I asked the girl if she could go back behind and retrieve my ball. It was a new HX Blue and it only had 4 holes under it's belt. She comes back after about 10 minutes with an old Top Flight Magna and says "Would you mind just substituting this ball for yours?" (Sigh).... :(

6. Did I mention how much I liked the Hybrid?

7. It was 26*C here yesterday. 1 degree away from an all time high for the date. Sweet....

Shot +3 on the sim playing Dorado Beach. Played my shorts irons very well, better than the last time I was there. Maybe it was the beer.

May 1 is fast approaching....I can't wait...

R35

Are you going to play this weekend??

• Staff
No. The courses won't be near ready.

The snow just melted this week. They'd need a week after that to get into shape, and even then, the greens would be a 50%. Temps more than likely.

The ranges should open soon tho.

R35

With those temps the snow has to be disapearing fast. If I'm doing my conversion correctly our highs for yesterday were only 1 degree apart.

After my 2pm appointment today I'm headed straight to the range and playing tommorow a 10am. The only way I know to get through a funk is to keep hitting the damn ball.

• Staff
Good call. Smacking that white unit will work the problem out, forsure. Just remember, the game is easy if you make it easy.

Ya, they're calling for +26 here again today. This weekend it's supposed to rain, which should get rid of alot of the snow. The low for the next week is about 14, which is great for this time of year.

I'll say two weeks and the courses are open with 50% temp greens.

R35

When do they do the first green aeration? Fairly quickly after opening up for the first time?

What kind of grass do you have on your greens? Is it some sort of perennial grass that is green yearround or does it need to green up once the snow goes away?

• Staff
They'll aerate very soon. Basically once all the grass mold is gone (this happens with all grass with snow cover). It takes about a week of mild to warm weather and it's green again. It browns up pretty good over the winter.

I can't say for certain what type of grass it is....i guess I could check...nope, it doesn't say for any of them...

The courses were both built in 1928 (the two I regularily play, anyways).

My front yard has started to green already and it's still half covered in snow...tulips should be pushing through any day now too. :canadafla

R35

Wow - both built in 1928...they must have some classic design elements that make them tough. Small greens etc...

We've had a bunch of rain this week - several rainy days in a row which is a little strange. It usually comes through pretty fast and dumps a lot and then moves along. But this week it has drizzled and rained and rained and drizzled. We are going to get beautiful weather tomorrow and Sunday though.

I am not playing tomorrow - yardwork. gotta mow and spray and trim.

Sunday morning I will tee off with that group. They are going down to Destin next week to play and they will be pumped up about that.

Our greens were aerated ten days ago and are still bumpy/sandy.

rockford35 said:
She comes back after about 10 minutes with an old Top Flight Magna and says "Would you mind just substituting this ball for yours?"

Recommended reply: Would you mind substituting your boyfriend's d--- for mine?

Trust me, this stuff works wonders.

I'll have to remember that for next time.

But what if it's a guy next time? :(

R35

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35