• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Slow Cooker Recipes

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Share 'em if ya got'em!

Here is a REALLY easy one for pulled pork.

Ingrediants:
Pork butt Roast(i get them from wal-mart in the 10lb range)
2-3 medium onions
1 20oz bottle of 7up(or sprite, or any light colored soda)
Bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce(or your own home made sauce) I use Sweet Baby Ray's original sauce

1. Ring the onions(cut them so they turn into rings) and layer the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Place butt roast on top of onions
3. Place more rings on top of roast
4. Fill about half way with 7up(be careful as the roast will fill the rest with its own juice, so if you over fill with pop, it will spill over the top of the slow cooker)

Set your slow cooker on low and leave it alone for 12 hours.

After 12 hours remove the meat from the slow cooker. It will fall apart very easily. Remove any obvious fat. Tear up the meat with either forks or if your a bad ass and like burning your hands do it by hand(like me lol)

Return meat to slow cooker, add BBQ sauce to your liking and re-heat for about an hour.

Enjoy. I put some cole slaw on my sandwiches too...extra good!

Lets hear em!

Damn, that sounds good, clark.

Here is what I do with thick pork chops:

Cover the bottom with the chops. Douse with a little soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper.
Cut up some potatoes, cover the chops with them. Sometimes I'll put onions or mushrooms in too.
Drain a can of green beens and replace the water with chicken broth. Throw on top.
Mix 1 packet of Lipton Onion soup mix with water, pour over top.
Cook on medium heat

I usually throw this together on my lunch break, then when I get home it's good to go.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Damn, that sounds good, clark.

Here is what I do with thick pork chops:

Cover the bottom with the chops. Douse with a little soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper.
Cut up some potatoes, cover the chops with them. Sometimes I'll put onions or mushrooms in too.
Drain a can of green beens and replace the water with chicken broth. Throw on top.
Mix 1 packet of Lipton Onion soup mix with water, pour over top.
Cook on medium heat

I usually throw this together on my lunch break, then when I get home it's good to go.

I've been wanting to do chops int he slow cooker....

Love chops, but cooking them when i get home from work just takes too much time.

I'll have to try that out. Maybe add a can or two(depending on how many chops you have) of cream of mushroom soup thinned with milk to the bottom and probably forgo the chicken broth then....makes for a good topping for the potatoes

Large Canadian goose (plucked or skinned of course, and cleaned)
Package dry onion soup
Package dry ranch dresser
package brown gravy mix
cup sour cream
frozen egg noodles (very important. The "square" kind you don't find in packages)
1 cup water
Can (or two?) of sliced mushrooms
Cook goose in slow cooker with 1 cup water, range dressing mix and onion soup mix (sprinkled on top) all day until meat falls off bone. Meat will be tender and moist versus baking. Remove meat from bone and discard bone. Put meat and juices in pot (with more water if necessary), add brown gravy mix, mushrooms and heat and also thicken if necessary (flour or corn starch) . Add sour cream. Add water if too strong for you and re-thicken. Put back in slow cooker. Cook noodles. Put goose mixture on noodles. Absolutely the best way to eat wild goose. Kind of like goose stroganoff.

Large Canadian goose (plucked or skinned of course, and cleaned)
Package dry onion soup
Package dry ranch dresser
package brown gravy mix
cup sour cream
frozen egg noodles (very important. The "square" kind you don't find in packages)
1 cup water
Can (or two?) of sliced mushrooms
Cook goose in slow cooker with 1 cup water, range dressing mix and onion soup mix (sprinkled on top) all day until meat falls off bone. Meat will be tender and moist versus baking. Remove meat from bone and discard bone. Put meat and juices in pot (with more water if necessary), add brown gravy mix, mushrooms and heat and also thicken if necessary (flour or corn starch) . Add sour cream. Add water if too strong for you and re-thicken. Put back in slow cooker. Cook noodles. Put goose mixture on noodles. Absolutely the best way to eat wild goose. Kind of like goose stroganoff.

Wow, you just made me hungry. I have 30min left until lunch and you just made that 30min seem like 3 hours! I'm going to print this out and try my luck with it. Thanks, WBL.

This is a great thread...I would love to hear from some more people.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow, you just made me hungry. I have 30min left until lunch and you just made that 30min seem like 3 hours! I'm going to print this out and try my luck with it. Thanks, WBL.

This is a great thread...I would love to hear from some more people.

+1

Unfortunately i feel as though the slow cooker is going the way of the land line.

FORGOT!!

You can substitute a jar of any kind of gravy with the brown gravy mix. I did that the last time (used turkey gravy) and it was even better. That way you don't have to thicken it and can just add as much gravy as you want.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54
Back