• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Smartphone GPS

Kumabjorn

Reaction score
Soo, I have a confession.
I'm a sucker for Gary McCord. Having watched his infomercials for GolfLogix I went and bought a Smartphone (HTC Desire) and downloaded the GolfLogix application.
The problem is that the screen is difficult to see in sunshine. I would really like to get a mount to put on my pull cart so I can use it as a Golf GPS, but I would a) need a good mount for a pull cart, b) have some kind of shadow casting device, c) not have it block the GPS signal.

Is anything like that available?

Try turning the LCD brightness up. I have a power-control widget that changes the backlight from off, to 30, to 70, to 100% etc with one press for just such occasions. They are very difficult to see in sunlight without the backlight on near full.

I generally keep my phone in my back pocket but I am sure that you could easily modify one of those hands free cradles for cars to fit on a pushcart. As far as the glare being too much to see the screen, I use my free hand to shade the screen ;)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520