• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Some new Wishon stuff

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like the Wishon catalog has been posted online with some new designs. I've taken a look at some of this stuff, but haven't made up my mind if I like the looks.
what do you guys think?
Not sure about these - I suppose if the driver is as good as it is, why not...
919 fairway
these look odd to me, but they could probably fit into some bags
585 hybrid

I like the look of their "players irons"
555c
555m

I'm not sure where these fit in their line-up, but they look the strangest to me
Tom Wishon Golf Technology 705w2's

lastly, it looks like all but one wedge have the micro grooves now too - I'm pretty convinced they work, so I think this is a good thing
wedges

I was just checking them out today also. I am hoping to get my catalog here sometime before February.

The new 585's are pretty cool IMO. They have the weighting and farther back CG of a hybrid, but look like an iron. They are also .335 so you could put a graphite shaft in there. They are adjustable for loft and lie which is much different than your normal hybrid, and I bet they will work WELL for folks that say they can't "hit hybrids" and they are "hook machines".

With that design hitting down on the ball will be much more intutitive for folks that just can't do it with "normal-looking" hybrids. The added forgiveness of the hybrid design will be quite neat.

I am missing a 200 yard club. My 2-hybrid goes 225+ and my 3 hybrid goes 210-225. Then I drop down to a 5-iron that I USED to hit 200, and now hit about 185.:( Maybe I'll try out the 4-"iron" 585 and see if that goes exactly 200.

Those 555 look sweet. I am worried about the price though. I was almost going to pull the trigger on the 560's this year, but was waiting for the catalog. Now I don't know.

I actually like the look of the 705w2's a lot. I am guessing these are his new "Player Improvement" irons for "high" handicappers. No specs yet. I can't wait to see what the offset etc. is. I like the idea of the progressive micro-score-line design. I love my cx micro's, so having those grooves on a 7 iron will be interesting.

Since these are cast, I am hoping they fall into a nice low price-point, thus allowing me to pick them up and try them for a while without really hurting the wallet. Otherwise, I suppose I could pick up the 555c's just to have the latest/greatest.

I like the 919 driver I have. I haven't given it a full workout yet as I got it in September, I think, tore up my knee in October, and haven't played a whole lot since. I would definitely think about the 919 woods if I didn't have my Exotics 3 wood for the past two seasons.

With Wishon though, I am guessing that most, if not all of them, are .830 COR.

With these new, exciting designs by TW I will be surprised if my MP-60's make it into May or June.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520