• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sucker Pins

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figured that with the start of the season fast approaching if not arrived for most of the members of this forum, I would start a post where people could talk about the sucker pin that the evil greenskeeper got them with in their most recent round. Be it that pin tucked just three paces over a bunker with a crown behind, or the front pin on an elevated green with a false front. Where did the greenskeeper put the pin today that suckered you into going for it, and paying for it big? As I am not able to play golf for another 50 days (who's counting) I feel I must live vicariously through all of you. Please do share... I am going nuts not being able to hit the links.:bang::bang::mad:

Hole number 16 at my home course. Its about a 300 yard par 4, sharp dogleg left that is bisected by a creek. Creek runs by the green, bunker right, trash long. It also has a tree guarding the inside of the corner, and you need to play out to the right and about 125 out to have a shot.

Last year one round, they tucked the hole on the left most corner, and deep. It was stupid to go after it. The right shot was middle of the green. I had a good round going, and had 145 in after a poor drive. With a going wind, I drew a 9 iron around the tree, stuffing it to 4 feet, and setting up a birdie to get to -2 for the round. I'll never forget that shot.

I played the other day and I swear the greens keeper must have been in a very sadistic mood that morning. 3 holes had the pins in impossible locations. I've never seen them tucked into corners like this. The 1st one sucked me in, 165 yard, par 3, water all down the left side. A small strip of dry ground left hand side of the green between the water and the the green. They had the pin tucked in next to the bunker just 3 paces from the edge of the green which butts up against the bunker. I was 2 strokes down to the guy I was playing and tried to draw the ball into that corner. Instead I buried the ball in the bunker up against the lip. 1st try the ball hit the lip and kicked straight up, landed just out but rolled back into the trap. He made par and I doubled the hole so instead of making up the 2 strokes I gave him 2 more.

The next 2 impossible locations I aimed for the middle though. I learned my lesson, for that day at least.

Feels like its been so long since i played i cant even remember any, lol. I too have probably 30-35 days til courses even think about opening...good thing the driving range is open everyday, so if its warm i can shoot up there, lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520