• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Swing injury?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So i am golfing sunday(20th) and i am on my approach shot with my 8i with about 155ish to the middle of the green. nice easy 8i, my favorite club.

Well i get to the top of my back swing and *SNAP* something pops in my right shoulder, i thin the shot about 20 yards right and past the hole...it ached all last night but feels perfectly fine today...any one else ever have this happen?

Shouldi see a doc about it or shrug it off as a freak accident?

I had that happen to me two weeks ago at the driving range. But, as you experienced it was sore the first day and now its fine. I dunno whats up with it, but it will be sore the next time you play golf.

sounds like a torn rotator cuff injury - go see a doctor ASAP, as it will only get worse over time.

(disclaimer - i am not a doctor, and have no medical qualifications :))

So i am golfing sunday(20th) and i am on my approach shot with my 8i with about 155ish to the middle of the green. nice easy 8i, my favorite club.

Well i get to the top of my back swing and *SNAP* something pops in my right shoulder, i thin the shot about 20 yards right and past the hole...it ached all last night but feels perfectly fine today...any one else ever have this happen?

Shouldi see a doc about it or shrug it off as a freak accident?
\

wow that stinks man. i hope that doesnt happen to you again !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just played nine today and had absolutely zero aches or pains in that particular shoulder...aches and pains about my game...well...thats another story

Hopefully it was just a freak incident....shot 47 again....so i go 47, 46, 47 for the first three rounds of the season. Not bad if i do say so myself

Nothing that a little "Tommy John" surgery wouldn't fix--I think???

I just played nine today and had absolutely zero aches or pains in that particular shoulder...aches and pains about my game...well...thats another story

Hopefully it was just a freak incident....shot 47 again....so i go 47, 46, 47 for the first three rounds of the season. Not bad if i do say so myself
You must have dislocated it on the backswing, and then that sweet little OTT move on the downswing popped it right back in place.:laugh:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

FedEx Ranking