• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

That Damn r7

Bravo

Reaction score
Everybody knows I ain't no ho....but

I wrote a few weeks back about my friend who got the r7 for his birthday. I have played about five rounds with him since he got it.

That is one incredible piece of equipment.

yeah yeah yeah - he is hitting it longer. But that is not the story.

He hits it SO much straighter its uncanny.

Its making me an my R540 look like crap.

He also traded in his Ping Eye 2's for the Titlest cavitybacks.

Listen to this custom fit set up for a 6'7" golfer...

3 degrees upright with 1/2 inch longer shaft. Half an additional wrap on the grip.

Swingweight D-3.

I swung his six iron and it was like trying to get a 2x4 with a brick attached to the end to come around.

He's got a lot of arms...

That damn r7....damn r7.

Same with a guy I know, he never misses a fairway since ge got it, and is long compared to his Mizuno mpoo1 like 30 yards longer, I want one of these bad boys as well.

Lately I've been getting the urge to demo some of the bigger drivers. I keep thinking that if a guy as good as Tiger benefits from the bigger head it's bound to help me.

As long as they keep telling us they have improved the mousetrap, I guess we will keep taking the bait.

Dave, are you a mouse?
:D

I think one of my local club pros is hitting a set of Pings with an insane swing weight of something like D7. Of course he is a pretty big guy and knocks the @#%! out of the ball.

I had a set of Ping Zing 2's a long time ago and just never grew to like them much. They hit OK but as you said it felt like I was swinging a brick attached to a stick.

The r7 is an excellent club but I'm sort of anti-what everybody else has. I'd be too tempted to let the club adjust for me swinging poorly instead of working on the swing fundamentals and doing it correctly.

If you are in the northern ohio area I will be there for a Demo day. It will be at Winmill Lakes in Ravenna Ohio. All the manufacturers will be there and you can try everything in one day.

I will stick with my Titleist 983E, I honestly hate the big headed drivers. The E has good weight and excellent distance.

is there really that much of a difference between a 350 and a 400? there is A difference, but is that sufficient to be the breaking point to the "big headed" drivers?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520

3. 15,301