• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Official Motorcycle Thread

Wierd...these pics would not show up in the thread for me, but they show up here.

This is the only bike, so far, that I would want to own. Nothing against the others (and they are great looking bikes), but I'm waayyy too old for a speed bike. If I ever ride, it'll be a cruiser.

Enjoying the pics...you guys keep them coming!!

I grew up on a Honda XL 75, later got a Suzuki DS 250.

Same on the pics for me...

It only goes fast if you tell it to. I dont think i could ever ride a cruiser...the lack of the ability to turn on those things scares the hell out of me not to mention the lack of front braking power as most only have a single front brake. If i need to get out of the way or stop, i need my motorcycle to get me out of the way or stop...NOW.

Just to prove that I am a billion years old...when I was a kid I raced a Bultaco 360 Alpina, then moved to an Ossa SDR 250. Your Bultaco looks great and brings back good memories!

Ok, sounds like you've got me beat. When I was a teen I raced a KX250 Kawasaki. I did good on it till the Honda Elsinore's came out. Then I had to soak a ton of money in it to be competitive. I finally got tired of being broke and walking with a limp and got out of MX Racing.

The picture of the Bultaco reminded me of my friend who had the Combat Wombat. Gawd that thing was ugly, but fast and durable.

Ok, sounds like you've got me beat. When I was a teen I raced a KX250 Kawasaki. I did good on it till the Honda Elsinore's came out. Then I had to soak a ton of money in it to be competitive. I finally got tired of being broke and walking with a limp and got out of MX Racing.

The picture of the Bultaco reminded me of my friend who had the Combat Wombat. Gawd that thing was ugly, but fast and durable.
The Elsinore's were flat out dominant for a while...great bike!

The Elsinore's were flat out dominant for a while...great bike!

Tell me about it! I remember the 1st time I had to race one, I went from being competitive and having one of the fastest bikes at the track, to, WTF was that that just blew by me?

I have bitched at the web site hosting guys about pics not showing up, and they wont do anything.

you have to click refresh or right click "show picture". I forgot it was like that.

I have bitched at the web site hosting guys about pics not showing up, and they wont do anything.

you have to click refresh or right click "show picture". I forgot it was like that.
I've never had a problem.

Lol...you guys see the banners at the top and bottom of this thread??

DUCATI HYPERMOTARDS 199/month!!!

Awesome...another bike i would love to own...Ducati 1098R

2000 Electra Glide, have about 50K on this one. Been riding almost 30 yrs so I have no idea how many miles I have on 2 wheels.

as far as my research has come up with, its right on par or above what the japanese are producing...which as of right now is pretty much the standard for supersports

The Truimphs cant hang with the Japenese supersports.

Okay here's the thing about Ducati's.

You only want them for one of two reasons: They are pretty, or you're like that dude in a suit in a BMW on the phone. Status.

They don't perform any better to justify the huge cost difference, and when they break, its the same story. $$$

The Truimphs cant hang with the Japenese supersports.
How so?

Only 4 hp(peak) short of the R6
Better torque than the GSXR 600...

And you dont have to wring the living hell outof that triple to make those numbers...if you dont keep those I4's above 10k theyre gutless...

I need a bike i can ride on the street and take to the track, personally I4's are wothless on the street.

I have ridden a 2007 R6, 2006 GSX-R600, and a 2008 ZX-6R....all of them, same ole story, if i wanted to increase speed i had to downshift...usually 2 gears to get the kind of acceleration i needed...now...in the higher revs, those bikes are fun as shit and perfect for the racetrack where you can keep them in that range...but for street riding, no thanks.

Okay here's the thing about Ducati's.

You only want them for one of two reasons: They are pretty, or you're like that dude in a suit in a BMW on the phone. Status.

They don't perform any better to justify the huge cost difference, and when they break, its the same story. $$$
Oh i know, i would never buy a ducati...the maintenance alone on those things is insane.

But you have to admit, that 1098 is pretty...

I wanted to ask you guys this and this seems like a good place to do so...

I'm thinking that I'd like to have a motorcycle, more for the economical side of 50mpg than the speed/fun aspect (though that would be something, too!). I basically want a dependable, reliable beginner bike. I love the looks of the speedy street bikes but probably can't justify the cost of them. I really want something that gets me from A to B while looking decent, and has a good reputation for dependability. Is there anywhere in particular I can look for something like this, to start? The swap sheet is tough because I don't know what any of the bikes are.

Ideally I'll have my nice big car for when I go golfing or on long trips, and my little motorcycle for when I'm just going somewhere to accomplish something that doesn't require 40 pounds of golf gear. Just saving money in the long run and having a little fun, too. Probably won't even take it on the highway.

I'm thinking that I'd like to have a motorcycle, more for the economical side of 50mpg than the speed/fun aspect (though that would be something, too!). I basically want a dependable, reliable beginner bike. I love the looks of the speedy street bikes but probably can't justify the cost of them. I really want something that gets me from A to B while looking decent, and has a good reputation for dependability. Is there anywhere in particular I can look for something like this, to start? The swap sheet is tough because I don't know what any of the bikes are.

Ideally I'll have my nice big car for when I go golfing or on long trips, and my little motorcycle for when I'm just going somewhere to accomplish something that doesn't require 40 pounds of golf gear. Just saving money in the long run and having a little fun, too. Probably won't even take it on the highway.

Sport tours are good. Still fast and fun, but a lot easier on the body and good gas mileage.

The Kawasaki EX500 is nice. You can find them for cheap as dirt (compared to others). Still a fast little bike, but gets good gas mileage.

As far as 50, before I made mine into more of a performance geared bike (you know, sacraficing MPG) I was getting 48-52.

I'm in sort of the same situation. I wanted a bike very badly, and my parents gave me the okay. Took the course, and was looking at bikes locally. But the more I thought about it, all of my choices for colleges are in the north with short riding seasons, so it would be stored for a good part of the year. Doesn't make sense economically for me right now. So I'm waiting until after college.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520