• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Thick Grips

-IceMan-

A good walk spoiled.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the thick grip putters?
Just curious, saw them being used by some guys today in Miami.

You talking about the ones like KJ Choi uses? Don't know if I could ever use something like that.

yeah, I couldn't either but apparently their are a couple guys experimenting with them on the pro tours

a lot of guys have had good luck with them - takes the hands/wrists out of the stroke a bit or something
I may have to try one at some point...

Ive been thinking about it constantly, but cant justify it. maybe next time my putting goes south.

btw, they are the SuperStroke grips. Now theyre comin out in diff designs (ala Garcia), and the plain black (ala Choi).

The idea for them is to grip with the full hand and take the forearms/wrists completely out to maintain your arms/shoulders as one.

I used midsized grips on my irons. I tried about 3-4 different midsized to oversized putter grips last year. Mainly because my grip felt to crunched. Originally it just felt as though my left hand was taking what you would think was a "strong" grip if it were another club. It did nothing for me and I ended up going back to the normal grip then just concentrated a little more on how I set my hands. Although over the course of the time I also added lead tape under the grip towards the top, which made the top larger and the bottom the same. Which was an interesting feel.

Although that putter got damaged and replaced. This time around I will just use the regular grip and weight added inside the shaft with a Pro lock.

I use a TigerShark jumbo grip on my putter. Love it. Feels alien to even hold a normal putter now.

I use a TigerShark jumbo grip on my putter. Love it. Feels alien to even hold a normal putter now.

I use the same grip. I like it a lot. It does take the "wristy" part of my old stroke out.

I tried the one K.J. Choi uses and yanked it after one round. Felt horrible. I put a Tigershark grip on last week, and so far I love it.

a friend of mine uses nothing but those big ass tiger shark grips....

I tried the one K.J. Choi uses and yanked it after one round. Felt horrible. I put a Tigershark grip on last week, and so far I love it.

Which putter did you put it on? I can't keep track since you went from a Cameron to a Louisville to a Heavy Putter. Which putter are you swinging these days?

Which putter did you put it on? I can't keep track since you went from a Cameron to a Louisville to a Heavy Putter. Which putter are you swinging these days?
It's on the Newport AOP that I stole from Wirehair. He gave me a spare 33" shaft he had laying around. I added a 10g tipweight and put the Tigershark grip on it. So far, I like it a lot. The Tigershark lets you keep your hands involved, and maintains good feel, all while stabilizing the wrists quite effectively.

I was having problems with the HP from short range. I've never swung a putter that had better distance control from long range, but it just didn't do it for me from four feet and in. I either left putts short, or slammed them four feet by.

The Louisville is still here - waiting. I've putted better with that thing than any other putter I've ever owned. Why is it not in my bag? I think you know the answer...

The Louisville is still here - waiting. I've putted better with that thing than any other putter I've ever owned. Why is it not in my bag? I think you know the answer...
Termites?????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427